Database Administrator Intern
Dayton Metropolitan Area, Ohio
As a Database Administrator Intern you would assist with the installation and maintenance of Oracle database installations, and apply patches for Tyler’s iasWorld product. The DBA Intern would also help support the iasWorld product, support, and implementation teams. This would include installing and configuring Oracle software used by the support and implementation staff.
- Install new releases of Tyler software, utilities, and productivity aids on various client and Tyler platforms.
- Assist with database tuning, writing of performance monitoring scripts, and analyzing growth. Protect databases after installation including privacy, security, integrity, and backup/recovery. Assist with developing, testing, and evaluating client backup and recovery methods. Evaluate, test, and make recommendations on improved backup procedures and recovery methods.
- Set up/ensure connectivity to peripherals.
- Monitor disk and memory utilization, detect trends, and make recommendation to clients concerning new hardware acquisitions.
- May assist with clients’ database support within the scope of the DBA support agreement.
- Provide internal technical assistance to other module groups, including conversion assistance and test database assistance.
- Follow software release management and version control procedures.
- Maintain test database environments, data generation, test database allocations, and backup/refresh procedures.
- Must be a junior or senior pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or Management Information Science.
- Understanding of database management systems software (Oracle RDBMS)
- Facility with SQL
- Knowledge of software integration and connectivity
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Facility with Microsoft Office
July 23, 2014
Requisition Number: 6014039-1