The Project Manager position is an external client-facing position. The Project Manager understands the clients’ business needs and translates those needs into a plan to deliver successful results. The Project Manager is responsible for managing an in-house team through all phases of the implementation which includes discovery, design, configuration, data conversion activities, implementation, monitoring, management, project budget, and results delivery for Courts and Justice Clients. The Project Manager will work closely with our clients, development, professional services staff and accounting staff to support and track the progress of projects utilizing MS Project while applying PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge or similar project management methods.
- Manage and assume accountability for all aspects of projects related to delivery of client software and services including:
- Planning and tracking all project activity.
- Guide the client through release planning in support of the overall project schedule.
- Track project hours and submit project progress reports by due dates.
- Monitor and review revenue recognition and bring concerns to management as needed.
- Managing scope, time and cost to meet client commitments.
- Acquiring and coordinating necessary resources to meet project needs.
- Managing communication throughout the team and stakeholders.
- Manage the quality of project team deliverables.
- Manage the project budget.
- Report status and issues.
- Identify report and manage risks; overcome project obstacles.
- Act as a client liaison and representative communicating client feedback to appropriate Tyler representatives; act in a manner to resolve outstanding issues on behalf of client in a timely manger.
- Create and maintain the following deliverables for basic Odyssey projects:
- Project charter
- Project SOW – Statement of Work (Phased definition)
- Monthly financials: POC, client accumulated financial spreadsheet and project forecast.
- Weekly status reports.
- Project task lists. (Project Plan)
- Maintain issues list.
- Maintain project risk mitigation log.
- Responsible for client relations. Ensures client fully understands the respective role/responsibilities of client and Tyler staff. Ensures ongoing clear and effective communications. As required, involves senior/executive Tyler staff to support effective completion of project and/or to resolve high-level issues.
- Anticipates, identifies, and resolves roadblocks such as client preparation, business process gaps and missed requirement.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned form time to time.
- 50% - 75% travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical, criminal justice or equivalent experience.
- PMP certification is a plus
- Significant experience in external client-facing project engagements (3+ years’ experience required)
- Solid and proven project management experience essential and required.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing large scale software projects;
- Software life cycle knowledge.
- Significant experience and proficient utilizing Microsoft Project.
- Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) or similar project management methods is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Tyler’s Odyssey products and Courts and Justice business processes is preferred, but is not required.
- Proficiency using computers and exposure to IT infrastructure components.
- Strong analytical ability, particularly in a technology environment.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational skills and ability to follow-through until processes are completed.
- Exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
February 15, 2013
Requisition Number: 2013441-1