Account Executive, East
At Tyler Technologies, we aim to inspire and empower every public servant to address society's pressing issues, by enabling data-driven leadership through connected data and shared insights.
We are a dynamic company with major clients and strategic positioning as thought leaders and partners (not vendors) with our clients. To be successful, an Account Executive will need to be skilled at driving the entire sales process from prospecting to close with large enterprise organizations. This will include targeted outbound prospecting, uncovering client projects and initiatives, managing complex buying and procurement cycles, and strategic account planning and execution.
The Account Executive will participate in regional planning and be responsible for accurately forecasting sales activity and revenue while building and maintaining satisfied and referenceable clients.
Ideal locations for someone in this role might be, but not limited to: Washington, DC; New York, NY; Boston MA; Herndon, VA; Hartford, CT; Yarmouth, ME; Atlanta, GA; Raleigh, NC; Miami, FL; New Orleans, LA; Nashville, TN; Pittsburgh, PA; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Remote | Regional (Washington, DC; New York, NY; Boston MA; Herndon, VA; Hartford, CT; Yarmouth, ME; Atlanta, GA; Raleigh, NC; Miami, FL; New Orleans, LA; Nashville, TN; Pittsburgh, PA; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN)
On a Typical Day You Might...
- Develop strategies for selling directly to government clients within your assigned territory
- Map out account plans to identify and close new opportunities for growth including expansion, cross sells, and professional service opportunities in current clients
- Manage complex sales-cycles which include our entire portfolio of SaaS offerings and present to senior government executives
- Work with senior management and accounting to negotiate contracts in the procurement cycle
- Employ strategic solution selling skills within complex client environments
- Deliver regular internal account reviews (quarterly business reviews) to highlight key results, metric analysis, demonstrated value and emphasize the ROI, as well as, recommend process/procedure changes to better utilize Socrata solutions including new products (via our product roadmap)
- Qualify opportunities based on Tyler’s sales methodology and metrics, to include client fit and success criteria
- Demonstrate expansion of the Socrata solution beyond the functionality introduced during the implementation process and consistently seek new business opportunities by presenting and recommending and upsell new products, services, and partner solutions
- Work closely with marketing on client nurture campaigns and product to deliver feedback from the field
- 7+ years of software solution sales and or account management experience
- A proven track record in meeting/exceeding individual targets and quotas
- 4+ years sales experience to Enterprise Government Clients
- Previous experience with a value based sales, 'solution selling', target account sales, 'complex sales' or similar sales methodology
- Proven success selling SaaS solutions
- Ability to identify, critique, and suggest innovative changes to eGov and Gov 2.0 initiatives
- Ability and desire to independently interact with multi-functional teams
- Ability to effectively work at all levels of the organization including program managers, contracting officers, developers and senior executives
- Communicate effectively at all levels of an organization, from individual contributors to C-level
- Past experience providing solutions/sales/software into the public sector/government is highly desired
- Past experience as a government employee is desired
- Past experience with public speaking is desired
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at https://www.tylertech.com/
. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do. #INDCORP
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.