Tyler Technologies Transportation Solutions, provides school districts and transportation contractors with integrated transportation management solutions to increase the efficiency and productivity of their operations. The product suite provides many areas of transportation including routing, planning, activity trip management, fleet maintenance, bus driver training, risk management, GPS vehicle location, and products for information and dissemination, not only to district employees, but for the community. The Quality Assurance analyst tests and quality assures programs, application modules and products of increasing complexity created by the Development Department using systematic quality assurance techniques.
Latham, New York
- Test and validate program modules of increasing complexity to meet specifications and procedures standards.
- Conduct thorough and accurate testing of web-based and mobile applications.
- Perform field testing of tablet application with a large focus on testing while driving.
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with software developers.
- Validate all written documentation for assignments for accuracy and completion.
- Validate software releases of basic complexity prior to distribution.
- Execute on automated test scripts and evaluate.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases of typically basic complexity for all testing assignments.
- Adhere to and assist in the development of standards and procedures.
- Assist with reviewing and editing test case scripts and writing queries.
- Assist with documenting and executing black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage.
- Assist in the identification of new procedures, methods and/or tools to improve the efficiency of the QA process.
- Assist in the design and requirements for new products.
- Provide analysis and consulting support for development and support employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Prior experience in software quality assurance required; Tyler software or related experience helpful.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills involving sound decision making and effective resolutions.
- Valid driver’s license
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices preferred.
- Familiarity with basic coding and/or scripting is required.
- Full software development lifecycle familiarity is strongly preferred.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work streams effectively.
- Strong time management skills with proven track record of delivering successful results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving the ability to communicate verbally and in writing technical and non-technical information.
- Firm knowledge and experience with relational databases including solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and query writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team.
- Ability to maintain a test environment effectively with regards to products, tools, data and related aspects.
- Ability to be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.
Requisition Number: 4518999