The Software Developer is the second tier programming position for e-Solutions development staff whose focus is on Tyler’s File & Serve application. This powerful application enables documents to be filed, served, distributed and delivered electronically. This position is focused on developing software products, maintaining existing applications, and developing code for new applications according to technical specifications and system designs.
- Participates in analyzing, designing, writing and testing code. Documents and implements functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems. This is completed in accordance with customer requirements and defined organizational methodologies.
- Reviews code from other developers for correctness, performance and adherence to company coding policies.
- Produces written test cases for new application development and system enhancements.
- Performs application testing of new application development and enhancements.
- Performs maintenance coding (i.e. bug-fixing) on existing Tyler systems applications.
- Reviews business requirements documentation.
- Produces internal development documentation as needed.
- Provides technical support to the support team in order to troubleshoot end-user application program problems.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
- Working experience in the following technologies:
- .Net / C# (or similar high level language) - Required
- SQL Server 2008/2012 – Required
- N-Tier/Multi-tier architecture - Preferred
- DHTML – Preferred
- Functional Knowledge of ORM usage - Preferred
- VB Script - Preferred
- XML/XSD/XSLT – Preferred
- Web Server Management – Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to write and test code within mandated deadlines and within specified budgetary guidelines is required.
- Understanding of and experience implementing test driven development methodologies is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- May be required to undergo and satisfactorily pass a fingerprint background check (for CJIS requirements).
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Requisition Number: 2017084-1