Passionate about serving your community? Do you want to help the public sector run smoother and more efficiently? Utilize your skills and experience to achieve the purpose of empowering the public sector. Join Tyler's Courts and Justice Division Software Engineering team to meet our clients' business needs.
- Participates in analyzing, designing, writing and testing code. Documents and implements functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems. This is completed in accordance with customer requirements and defined organizational methodologies.
- Reviews code from other developers for correctness, performance and adherence to company coding policies.
- Produces written test cases for new application development and system enhancements.
- Performs application testing of new application development and enhancements.
- Performs maintenance coding (i.e. bug-fixing) on existing Tyler systems applications.
- Reviews business requirements documentation.
- Produces internal development documentation as needed.
- Provides technical support to the support team in order to troubleshoot end-user application program problems.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- 0-5% travel to client sites on rare occasion.
- BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent experience is required.
- 0-5 years’ experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
- Working experience in the following technologies:
- .Net / C# (or similar high level language) – Required
- SQL Server – Preferred
- XML/XSD/XSLT – Preferred
- DHTML – Preferred
- VBScript – Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to write and test code within mandated deadlines and within specified budgetary guidelines is preferred.
- Understanding of and experience implementing unit testing methodologies is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Successful candidates will have a passion for technology projects and problem solving, and prefer a variety of work rather than repetitive work.
- May be required to undergo and satisfactorily pass a fingerprint background check (for CJIS requirements).
Requisition Number: 2018006-1