The Product Owner is responsible for the direction of assigned products. This responsibility will exist throughout the product life cycle from idea through development, launch, operation and end of product life.
- Act in an expert capacity for assigned product(s), providing an understanding of detailed client requirements. Has a vision for moving forward with assigned product(s).
- Responsible for owning a prioritized backlog to ensure projects are handled in a timely manner.
- Establish a regular cadence with user base to demonstrate new features, explain changes to product and share vision of the future.
- Responsible for ensuring use cases and technical specifications meet client requirements.
- Influence plans and strategies to achieve the product objectives as related to the product area, including published product roadmaps that will articulate the product direction to both internal departments and external customers.
- Work with clients to obtain a detailed understanding of requirements to be able to write highly complex functional/technical specifications that will enhance products and solutions for projects.
- Influence priorities of department work.
- Influence work on new projects for features based on system requirements defined by business system's owners.
- May provide sales support by assisting in responding to RFPs as well as potentially performing on-site demonstrations.
- Responsible for launching new releases to the organization and ensuring successful adoption across product-line teams.
- Proactively communicate with senior management on the product’s performance, any major issues with the products or any changes in the market or competition as related to the product area.
- Contribute to the advancement of the team environment through integrity, leadership, and continuous knowledge transfer.
- Coach staff and team members, building professional skills and domain knowledge.
- Responsible for the design requirements and documentation with foresight for the future maintainability and growth of the software.
- Learn and analyze client business requirements, enhancing knowledge as experience grows in the position.
- Occasional travel may occur.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- 7 years of experience in software or related experience including but not limited to writing and documenting client specifications.
- Proven track record influencing product direction.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile SCRUM development processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the full software development life cycle and associated methodologies helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills involving communicating technical and non-technical information in writing and verbally.
- Must be able to travel occasional if requested.
Requisition Number: 4518357