April 9, 2020
To our Tyler family of clients,
Since my most recent message on March 16, we’ve had the opportunity to observe new levels of commitment and resourcefulness by our public sector clients. Tyler understands better than most how the COVID-19 crisis is impacting your day-to-day work. More than perhaps at any other time in history, traditional school and government infrastructure has been upended. For those on the front lines ensuring health and safety, already-high stakes are now off the charts.
Under normal circumstances, much is asked of you. You serve your entire community, regardless of each member’s circumstances, abilities, or resources. You ensure efficient operations and access to justice. You educate. You manage the revenue that supports your community’s economic health. You serve and protect. You are the heart of agencies and departments that keep our governments functioning when they are needed most.
Now, not only are you being asked to continue serving your constituents in all the ways you did before, but you are also asked to do it from a distance. It’s overwhelming to say the least.
Resiliency and Results
In recent weeks, we have seen our clients embodying “the new normal” in truly inspiring ways. Here are just a few examples:
- The New York State Division of Veterans' Affairs deployed our Entellitrak solution in under a week so it could continue to approve claims from their homes, ensuring veterans in the state of New York will continue to have access to benefits.
- San Bernardino County, California, pulled off a completely virtual go-live of its Odyssey court case management system by pivoting to our “Remote Command Center” model.
- Bexar County, Texas, added new fields to its Brazos e-citation solution enabling officers to “cite and release” for certain types of offenses to support local social distancing measures.
- Delaware County, Pennsylvania, moved valuation appeals from in-person to phone appeals, helping property owners meet deadlines during a confusing property reassessment process.
- Numerous law enforcement agencies optimized their computer-aided dispatch tools to flag calls for service where someone might be a COVID-19 carrier, allowing officers to take necessary precautions.
- Cities are using our MyCivic app to provide COVID-19 information to residents.
- School districts are using Tyler’s Traversa Ride 360 app, temporarily offered free of charge, to assist with parent communications during the crisis, and are using our school bus routing software to plan meal drop-offs to families in need.
- The Superior Court of San Luis Obispo, California, worked with Tyler teams over a single weekend to customize its Odyssey Guide & File solution so domestic violence complaints could be filed online while shelter-in-place orders were in effect.
We should all feel proud of the resiliency and dedication demonstrated by our teams during this incredibly challenging time. If your organization has a success story to share, we would like to hear about it. Please let your Tyler account manager know or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be sure I receive it.
The Road Ahead
Tyler continues to operate with minimal disruption as we prioritize the health of our teams and yours. We continue to engage regularly and make progress on your projects. And, we continue to be a strong, stable, and financially sound partner.
With the spread of COVID-19, the need for digital connectedness – both within client organizations and directly with the public – is rapidly shifting from a vision to an urgent requirement. As circumstances evolve from day to day, we are reordering priorities and accelerating timelines to accommodate critical projects and enable necessary change at your request.
In the days ahead, I am confident we will continue not just to handle challenges, but to reimagine and reinvent our services as a more accessible, transparent, and efficient ecosystem.
I want to thank you for all you are doing for your constituents and communities, your colleagues, and your families. The call to public service is always an honor and a sacrifice. I sincerely appreciate you and the job you do, day in and day out. I also believe the hard work we are putting in now is helping to build a stronger, better future for our communities. We will get through this together.
Please reach out to your Tyler account team if you have any concerns or updates related to your Tyler projects. In addition, Tyler's Cornovirus Response webpage is being regularly updated with the latest information on our COVID-19 policies.
We extend our deepest sympathies to all who have been impacted by coronavirus. Stay safe and healthy.
President & CEO