We are following developments closely, including local ordinances and guidance from health authorities.
Remote Workforce and Business Continuity
- All Tyler team members who are able to work from home are being strongly encouraged to do so, effective March 16, 2020.
- All Tyler team members are complying with local mandates.
- Moving to a remote work environment will reduce the number of team members in our offices to those needed for essential on-site services and will create “social distancing” as directed by the CDC.
- Appropriate management oversight is in place to ensure continuity of business operations and client service by equipping employees with resources necessary to continue uninterrupted in a remote work environment.
- As of July 2020, Tyler has extended its suspension of business travel for all but the most critical services to ensure the health and safety of our employees and clients. We continue to provide product, training, and implementation support through remote services, which have proven to be effective and successful for our clients. This travel suspension will remain in effect through March 31, 2021, and will be revisited at that time.
- Employees who are sick or suspect they may have been exposed are not permitted to travel.
At the present time, Tyler offices are open where permitted, with some offices being staffed remotely in accordance with local health mandates. We continue to reinforce work-from-home policies for the majority of Tyler employees.
For any Tyler office locations staffed by essential workers, we are giving increased attention to cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing our workspaces. These measures include:
- Multiple daytime and nighttime janitors disinfecting all restrooms, breakrooms, door handles, and common area surfaces in Tyler office buildings multiple times each workday.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers for team members placed in breakrooms, cafeterias, restrooms, and fitness centers.
- Individual hand sanitizers and surface wipes offered to team members
Employee Health and Safety
We are in regular communications with Tyler team members on current health and safety recommendations related to coronavirus. Health and safety measures include:
- Reminders on proper prevention of spreading germs and illness
- Regular employee communications on symptoms to watch for, what do to in case of suspected illness, when to self-quarantine, availability of benefits such as virtual doctor’s office visits, and availability of free flu vaccines
- Updates on current CDC travel recommendations