Software Conversion Programmer
Tyler Technologies is seeking applicants for the position of Software Conversion Programmer. The Conversion Programmer is responsible for performing data analysis and developing complex conversion programs to prepare and move client data to Tyler software products. They provide support to Tyler Technologies’ employees as well as to customers during the conversion process, facilitating the ease of the implementation of new accounts.
- Develop quality conversion programs to migrate client data from multiple external sources to the Tyler data structures.
- Conduct conversion testing in accordance with requirements.
- Perform analysis on client conversion requirements and Tyler software requirements.
- Communicate issues to the appropriate management personnel, project leader, or client.
- Document instructions and guidelines for supporting the installation process and for future conversions.
- Works on 10-12 active conversions on 1 or 2 applications at a time.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience.
- Read and understand programs written by other programmers.
- Write programming code of moderate to high complexity.
- Meet deadlines despite rapidly changing conditions and priorities.
- Explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- Knowledge of COBOL preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple tasks in a fast faced, technical environment.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as .NET, C#, and scripting languages.
- Previous software troubleshooting experience helpful.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
April 7, 2014
Requisition Number: 45-14-074
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.