Macomb Co. Sheriff's Office Case Study
- Client since: 2013
- City population: 840,978
- Solutions used: New World Enterprise CAD, Records, Mobile, Field Reporting, and Fire Records
- Square miles served: 1,819
The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office and its affiliated agencies is a part of Metro Detroit and is home to 840,978 residents in a 1,819 square mile area. It is the thirdmost populous county in the state and contains 27 cities, townships, and villages. In addition, the county includes three of the top ten most populous municipalities in the state.
To keep this community safe, the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office and its affiliated law enforcement agencies, fire departments, and EMS agencies rely on powerful data sharing capabilities in its public safety software system.
To do this, the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office uses New World Enterprise Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Law Enforcement Records Management, Mobile, Field Reporting, and Fire Records.
Like many public safety agencies, the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office experienced rapid growth due to consolidation and its previous public safety software system did not operate efficiently. In addition, the sheriff’s office and its affiliated agencies were using different software vendors, which made information sharing more difficult.
Officials with the sheriff’s office decided they needed one system capable of accommodating a multi-jurisdictional agency that could bring all agencies together and:
- Offer flexibility and customizable features
- Share information quickly among staff without delay
- Provide geo-verified data for faster and more accurate responses
In 2013, the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office purchased Tyler’s New World Enterprise CAD, Law Enforcement Records Management, Mobile, Field Reporting, and Fire Records.
When numerous resources are tied up for large-scale emergencies, it can be difficult to get fast responses to other emergencies. But with New World public safety solutions and the efficiency of our dispatchers, we know we’re always sending the best response.
By implementing New World public safety solutions, the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office now experiences the following benefits:
- Improved operations in the dispatch center to handle multi-jurisdictional responses and communication and send responses without delay
- With recommendations built into the CAD solutions, dispatchers created specific response plans for a variety of incidents, which allows dispatchers to automatically send specific police, fire, and EMS units to a call for service
- This relieves dispatchers from manually selecting units for the response and gets units on the scene faster
- Instant information sharing with all dispatchers and responders across jurisdictions
- Dispatchers can create one call for service and instantly share information with all responders
- This eliminates the creation of duplicate calls and prevents redundancy
- Additional units can be assigned to the call for service and attached to the original call
- Appropriate information stays with the original call for service and all responders see this information
- Geo-verified addresses and automatic vehicle location (AVL) functionality built into CAD
- Dispatchers and first responders can see where all active units are located on CAD maps in the dispatch center and on mobile data terminals (MDTs)
- When responding in patrol boats on the water, mapping capabilities in CAD provide responders with precise location information of the scene
“With New World, we operate more efficiently and share data better than we ever have before,” said Angela Elsey, communication administratior with the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office said. “The software’s multi-jurisdictional capabilities are really helpful for a consolidated agency like Macomb.”
With solutions that offer instant data sharing capabilities, powerful mapping and routing functionality, and built-in emergency response plans, agencies streamline workflow and respond more efficiently.
Want to Know More
New World public safety software from Tyler offers fully integrated and multi-jurisdictional solutions for law enforcement, fire and EMS agencies. Highly configurable, this system is designed to meet the unique needs of any agency.