A Guide to Log Analysis
Hackers are inventing new and increasingly sophisticated ways to break into your network. They can easily get through traditional perimeter defenses undetected. It’s time to take a stance and proactively hunt for threats.
Among the most reliable, accurate, and proactive tools in your security arsenal are the event and audit logs created by network devices.
This guide will walk you through the basics of log analysis. You will learn:
- Why log analysis is important
- How log analysis is performed
- Tips for a successful log analysis program
- What log data can tell you
- Why log analysis can be challenging