The Associate Software Support Specialist partakes of new employee training, and after demonstrating proficiency, provides basic software support and technical assistance to Tyler clients and employees. S/he is responsible for diagnosing and solving first-level client issues in a timely and courteous manner, working independently or with other Client Services staff to resolve issues with Tyler software products.
- Develops product expertise and service-related skills through new-hire training and self-study
- In a fast-paced organization, provides basic phone, web, or email software support for clients in the US and Canada, sometimes managing multiple client issues
- In a timely manner, provides basic analysis, diagnostics, and resolution to client inquiries, communicating effectively through email, chat, and telephone in order to maintain maximum client productivity
- Evaluates technical issues and escalates to a senior team member if additional expertise or assistance is needed
- Tests software as necessary
- Documents and records all aspects of client interactions in designated client management systems to promote transparency and understanding of technical issues
- Respects clients’ policies and procedures, and follows documented Tyler policies and procedures
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Scope and Impact (Accountability)
The responsibilities include fielding inbound incidents to provide software support for clients. This individual does not control the volume. Decision making is limited to the resolution of issues. Consequences of error carry a moderate risk to the organization. The impact is substantial, as clients have long-term contact with the members of Client Services which shapes their opinions of Tyler’s products and services.
- Quickly grasp and employ domain concepts, software knowledge, and service-related behaviors.
- Provide service that consistently demonstrates product knowledge, a good work ethic, and respect for the client.
- Build rapport with clients to turn what may be a negative situation into a positive software service experience.
- Evaluate issue severity with regard to escalation and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Manage and prioritize multiple and often conflicting tasks.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with a wide range of clients, both internal and external, from technical to non-technical and from managerial to clerical.
- Attain Help Desk Institute (HDI) Certification
- Adapt to changing products and environments.
- Demonstrate growing product knowledge and eliminate knowledge gaps in legacy, current and future products and services by means of self-study supplemented by formal education.
- BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and an aptitude for service is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the interpersonal ability to effectively work with clients on technical and business issues is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Experience in business process solution software for local governments and public agencies is desired.
- Familiarity with related business terms and principals is desired.
- Proficiency using computers; exposure to relational databases or SQL is desired.
Requisition Number: 73070327