Tyler Technologies (NYSE:TYL) is the largest software company in the nation solely focused on providing integrated software and technology services to the public sector — cities, counties, states and school districts. We have partnerships with more than 14,000 clients throughout the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and other international locations.
Our Latham New York Transportation Solutions Group is rapidly growing, and we are proud of the advanced technology we offer to our clients.
In this role, you will ensure the maximum possible availability, reliability, performance and recoverability of Tyler’s Transportation Solutions hosted applications including the administration of related proprietary technologies and third party technologies. You will also maintain ownership of Tyler’s enterprise transportation software solution which is hosted in our SSAE 16 certified data center.
Latham, New York
- Proactively maintain, monitor, and validate performance of Tyler’s hosted application and environment for availability, performance, responsiveness and resource allocation.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise with the environment including but not limited to working with Tyler employees and third party vendors and partners.
- Work with the Application Systems Engineer to plan for capacity and future growth and expansion of the environment to accommodate projected client/end-user growth to ensure maximum availability and performance of the environment.
- Work with other Tyler employees to ensure backup, restore and disaster recovery capabilities meet or exceed service level agreements.
- If not already skilled in these technologies, receive training in elements of ESRI software including but not necessarily limited to ArcGIS Server and Network Analyst.
- Plan and carry out migrations of source code (application updates and patches), updates to related third party software and updates to client data and related configuration settings.
- Handle advanced Tyler proprietary and related third party technology issues.
- Stay educated on the newest technologies.
- Collaborate with colleagues to continually research ways to improve the system performance policies, procedures, and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer technology or comparable experience.
- Experience with the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and later
- Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Powershell
- Implementing and maintaining backup and recovery processes
- Preferred Knowledge:
- Experience working with the following:
- Currently supported Microsoft SQL Server versions
- Current performance monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and WhatsUpGold
- Troubleshooting and maintaining virtual environments
- Python, Perl or Powershell scripting
- ESRI software including ArcGIS Server
- Working knowledge of Docker containers and other container services
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies
Requisition Number: 4518388