As an implementation consultant you would consult and partner with clients to gain a comprehensive understanding of workflow, business/technical requirements, and needs. You would partner with the application development team and relevant parties to develop and deliver Tyler software solutions, and prepare and deliver end-to-end training. This would also include transitioning clients effectively to the client support team upon successful implementation.
Atlanta, Georgia (Metro Area)
- Provide professional services such as consultation, software readiness, and education to clients on Tyler software products.
- Design and conduct knowledge transfer sessions on site or through webinars.
- Educate users on software functionality as well as on data entry, system administration, user security, and user permissions.
- Perform consultation/analysis of client business model to identify and document client requirements regarding Tyler products and functionality.
- May recommend options for new approaches in client work processes as appropriate to ensure efficient software solution for the client’s needs.
- May identify and document business/technical requirement specifications for specific software design/development, forms, reports, interfaces, process, configuration and other relevant changes.
- May consult with users to identify the proper data mapping process for the product conversion. Provide instruction to clients on proofing and analyzing data conversions from existing software to Tyler applications.
- May create custom reports or customize existing reports to satisfy client requirements. Play an active role in troubleshooting client issues, or work with the Support or Development departments to resolve.
- Keep up to date on administrative tasks such as documenting client issues, communicating agendas, submitting trip reports, timesheets and weekly expense reports, and updating systems-related client activity.
- May assist QA staff with product testing or modification testing as required.
- Notify management and appropriate organization/department of issues or unplanned events that could impact the effectiveness/schedule/budget of the implementation.
- Create both client-facing and internal documentation such as "quick tips" and "how tos".
- Act as liaison between the client and company’s technical staff including conveying technical information so that non-technical individuals can understand.
- May participate in the annual User Conference. Facilitate user group discussion on assigned module/topic.
- Extensive travels to client sites.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, Business or related discipline. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Typically, a minimum of one year of experience as an Associate Implementation Consultant or equivalent industry experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software related products or solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Geographic Information Systems technology is a plus.
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building and customer service experience involving developing professional relationships with internal and external clients.
- Prior experience identifying, defining, analyzing and documenting client work processes, data, systems and/or related activities.
- Solid skills in negotiating and influencing clients to meet their need by proposing viable solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail involving defining client functional software requirements (technical and non-technical), client processes, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven track record of prioritizing, managing and executing on multiple priorities successfully.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and experience in the technical environment involving research, performing data/gap analysis with proficient problem solving experience anticipating, and resolving root issues of moderate complexity.
- Proven ability to consult successfully with clients exhibiting sound judgment and presenting viable recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communications including conveying, documenting, preparing, presenting, and training various audiences on both technical and non-technical information.
- Solid knowledge and application of relational database design and data base structures (i.e. fields, tables, views, database objects, etc.) involving data flow, mapping, conversion scripts, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL Server and Oracle databases is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience creating and executing on software test plans and reports.
- Strong knowledge and application SQL including coding, modifying existing PL/SQL code, writing moderately complex queries, scripts and reports using tools like SQL Plus, SQL report writer or related technologies.
- Solid knowledge and application of .NET framework (involving HTML, XSL, XML, and related technologies).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (including but not limited to Visio and related tools).
- Strong knowledge and application of software development tools.
- Ability to mentor associate level team members including assisting with the training of new staff; assists in to process improvement and best practice initiatives.
- Must be able to travel (approx. 30-50%); must be able to provide reliable transportation and carry full insurance on vehicle.
- Tax and appraisal industry and/or product knowledge is preferred.
Requisition Number: 6017021-38