The Kankakee County Sheriff's Office in Illinois provides public safety services to the county's 114,000 residents in a 14 square mile area located 60 miles south of Chicago.
To do this, the sheriff's office, its 11 affiliated police and fire agencies, two jails and its 911 communication center use New World™ public safety software from Tyler Technologies.
Prior to using New World software, the Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office and its affiliated agencies were using an outdated legacy system. That system was incapable of automation and data sharing and possessed no integration or field reporting capabilities.
This caused sworn officers and civilian employees to duplicate data information, rely upon radio transmissions for relaying information to and from dispatch, and officers in the field had to return to the station numerous times per day. This could be to obtain a previously taken mugshot, view or retrieve warrants or receive information from the records department. Response times were slower and the safety of officers was decreased with a lack of information on the scene.
When officials with the sheriff's office decided they needed a new system, they had the following requirements:
- New Windows' based technology
- Fully-integrated applications
- Robust information sharing
- Enhanced communication between agencies and jurisdictions
In 2004, the Kankakee County Sheriff's Office selected Tyler's New World public safety software to replace its aged system. This decision provided the sheriff's office along with its communication center, jails and affiliated agencies with the technology necessary to modernize operations and processes.
The Kankakee County Sheriff's Office implemented Windows-based New World computer aided dispatch, records, mobile, field reporting, corrections and fire software solutions. This provided the following benefits:
- Data is shared instantly across applications with interoperability capabilities of CAD, mobile, records, field reporting, corrections and fire
- Users save time in the office and in the field
- Information is easily accessible and instant
- Communication is improved between agencies and departments
- Agencies and departments can communicate across jurisdictions saving time and reducing calls/call transfers
- Reporting features are enhanced
- Officers can access, serve or cancel warrants in the field
- Criminals are taken into custody sooner
- Officers save time traveling to and from the station
- The community stays safer
The Kankakee County Sheriff's Office continues to work to make the community safer by getting criminals off the streets. To do this, they rely upon their public safety software to help streamline processes, increase communication and improve data sharing.
Industry-leading New World public safety software from Tyler has a proven track record of providing agencies across the country with fully-integrated software designed to help save lives, time and money.