Senior User Experience Designer
Senior Product (User Experience) Designer
Tyler Technologies helps governments use data more strategically and effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions. Our data platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most ambitious data programs at every level of government and are a cornerstone of Tyler Technologies’ Connected Communities strategy.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team!
What is the design problem that we are solving?
As a Product Designer, you’ll make products that help top governments do amazing things:
- deliver value to citizens through our data platform
- improve collaboration and the flow of data within the government
- democratize data in ways that have a profound and positive impact on society
Most of the data and information that governments have is locked in databases, inaccessible to the public, and even hidden from public servants themselves. Our mission is to democratize data, making it accessible and machine readable, while helping those servants turn data into information, and information to life-saving insights.
How does design fit in at Tyler?
Design is an essential role in our product team, determining what problems we solve, why we solve them, and how to solve them with a human-centered approach. We have a growing team that works in partnership with product and engineering management, embedded within a cross-functional team, allowing each designer to focus and ship great work.
You will be a part of our core team doing the full spectrum of the design process: research, prototyping, implementation, and testing for Data & Insights solutions. You’ll help decide what our products and services will look like and how they will behave. Working alongside many stakeholders (and many strong opinions!), you will play a key role in shaping our strategy and its tactical implementation. In return, you’ll learn a ton about the unique challenges we have exclusively serving the public sector and work with an incredibly talented team of engineers, designers, and product managers.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Remote | Seattle, Washington
- Work on a fast-moving product development team focused on building solutions for government departments
- Work quickly and effectively to ship new features, bug fixes, and small improvements bi-weekly.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to define features and functionality; pair-design with other designers and meet as a team for iterative feedback.
- Partner with other designers to improve your overall product vision and strategy
- Improve collaboration with engineering and integrate our design system with c interaction patterns to suit the needs of your product area
- Identify high impact features that achieve user and business goals and be able to clearly articulate rationale for your decisions.
- Design interactions for new features, apply existing or create new design patterns across our platforms.
- Talk directly to the people using our platform to figure out what to build
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product and business goals. Ideally, you have 3-5 years of this type of experience.
- Shipped new software products or major user facing product features. This is important! We’re are looking for you to jump into some significant projects
- Ability to think about a large, complex, problems and clearly justify features and changes to your cross-functional teams.
- A well-articulated design process emphasizing research
- Solid visual design skill, especially in the construction of information and visual hierarchies, attention to detail with typography, color, grids, and guides
- Experience using analytics or product instrumentation, and user research to inform design
- High tolerance and/or interest in working with data and information visualization (we love data nerds!)
PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR RESUME FOR US TO INCLUDE IN OUR CONSIDERATION! Extra-Credit for...
- Rich examples of sketching and prototyping ideas from concept to wireframe to mockup through the UX process
- B.A. B.S, or M.S in human-centered design, human-computer interaction, information science or an equivalent amount of relevant work experience.
- Interest or experience in designing visualizations and/or working with data
- Passion for design’s role in social innovation
- Experience or interest in empowering governments or open data initiatives
About Us Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Data & Insights solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights.Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $93,547 - $151,904 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.