Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Why Work at Tyler Technologies?
Our team members enjoy a fun, highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment. When you join Tyler Technologies, you’ll be surrounded by exceptionally talented, dedicated and creative individuals who lend their skills and expertise to propel our business forward.
Are you interested in embarking on your career journey with one of the fastest-growing companies? Read on to find out more about the next exciting opening within our team!
At this time we are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to build new capabilities for Tyler’s Case Management Development Platform, our open architecture, unified framework for Case Management and Business Process Management solutions.
As a member of the platform development team, you will have the opportunity to define and develop product features. Our engineers are innovative thinkers who can solve technical challenges with creativity and perseverance. If you thrive on challenges and take pride in your accomplishments, you will find ample opportunities for both with this position.
The Tyler Technologies Story
For almost two decades, Tyler Federal Technologies (formerly MicroPact) has focused on developing dynamic web-based, solutions for the United States Government and Fortune 500 companies. Tyler’s Case Management Development Platform is a Unified BPM platform that takes a Data-First approach to Dynamic Case Management and Business Process Management and is available with fully integrated Document Management, Natural Language Analytics and Mobile Modules.
Today, our platform is used by more than 200 Federal Agencies and 97 percent of all Federal Agencies with more than 500 employees. Designed to be hosted on-premises or in the cloud, Entellitrak can be implemented immediately and configured continuously, enabling customers to get to work quickly while keeping costs low.
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Manila, Philippines
Reports To: Manager, Engineering
As a Senior Software Engineer at Tyler, you will work within a challenging and motivated team in a flexible, fast-paced Agile environment. As a key member of this team, you will collaborate and work closely with our engineering leadership, along with other developers in the creation of new platform capabilities. You will be presented with opportunities to own features, libraries and projects. You will develop rich client applications across browsers and devices while meeting web accessibility standards, performance and security requirements. Must be a self-starter, be able to operate independently, and multiplex his or her time between many diverse tasks.
- 5+ years of professional experience developing web applications
- Proficiency with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL) and has written complex custom functions, views and stored procedures
- Experience developing and consuming web services such as REST, GraphQL, SOAP, etc.
- Experience using Git for version control
- Superior understanding and applying of various Agile methodologies (Scrum, Agile, XP) in team settings, and applying them throughout the entire development lifecycle
- Experience with build/release tools such as GitLab, Maven, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes, and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Hands on experience with;
- Java web component technologies like servlets, JSP
- MVC frameworks such as Struts and Spring
- ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
- Tools, framework, and technologies in the open source Java world
- Writing and understanding complex SQL
- Developing RESTful web services
- Full understanding of standard Java web application architecture structures, technical patterns, and deployment procedures
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including design and coding standards, code reviews, source control management, unit and integration testing, CI/CD
- Strong analytical skills. Be able to digest and develop implementations from use cases/user stories in an Agile environment
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with users, technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategies
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and leadership initiative
- Excellent planning and coordination abilities
- Capacity to learn unfamiliar technologies and become productive with them quickly
- Professional experience using front-end technologies and frameworks such as ReactJS
- Experience in building responsive/progressive web apps or native mobile apps
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibilities, responsiveness and web accessibility standards
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and development of scalable, secure, high quality and innovative product capabilities and architectural enhancements in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. Optimize code performance/maintainability
- Diagnose the cause of system issues as reported by stakeholders and produce fixes, minimizing side effects
- Develop unit/integration tests in a structured manner
- Ensure all product development is in compliance with the established development practices and processes
- Help to drive the direction of product architecture, technology, and tools
- Keep abreast of technology standards and industry best practices
- Analyze industry technology trends, and propose execution plans for absorbing the relevant ones into product development
- Assist in the creation of system documentation
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.