At Tyler Technologies, we devote our time, energy, and resources to help local governments and school districts become more efficient, more accessible, and more responsive to the needs of their constituents. We are currently looking to hire a Marketing Manager supporting our Local Government and Schools teams. If you are hoping to work with a high-energy team delivering results, in a company that values the long-term careers of its employees, we’d love to talk to you.
This Marketing Manager will work with the LGD and Schools vertical team to own and execute on comprehensive marketing programs, including the following responsibilities:
Additionally, this role will work with the Senior Marketing Manager on administrative and strategic tasks:
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager and Sales leadership to maintain visibility into department and product strategy, priorities, and goals, and to translate this information into marketing plans designed to meet these needs.
- Manage the execution of multi-faceted marketing projects and campaigns. Select tactics strategically, which may include email, webinars, direct mail, web programs, collateral development, and event promotion and coordination.
- Work with the team on content development for various marketing collateral pieces including product fact sheets, brochures, case studies, blogs, advertising, and thought leadership pieces.
- Maintain brand standards in all aspects of marketing projects. Ensure marketing messaging is consistent and drives our key messages in an impactful way.
- Manage priorities and deadlines, acting as a project manager both for individual projects and for the overarching campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with other Tyler vertical teams and with corporate marketing shared services departments such as brand management, content management, and campaign management, to help your team deliver projects in alignment with larger goals and strategies.
- Analyze metrics and results from marketing programs and provide ROI reports
- Use and reinforce team use of internal tracking tools
- Assist in the compiling and analysis of budgetary information, and participate in annual budget planning
- Prepare slides or updates for internal meetings
This Marketing Manager will directly manage a small number of Marketing Specialists with opportunities to take on additional direct reports as they grow in the role. Passion for management will be key to success in this role, including a proactive, engaged, people-first approach. Management responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hold regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports where — beyond project updates — the employee can openly discuss challenges and receive guidance that supports their career growth.
- Train and mentor in marketing skills such as writing style, strategic decision-making, campaign planning, etc.
- Hold annual performance evaluations with employees, providing feedback on opportunities for growth and helping develop goals for the year ahead. Work with Senior Manager to inform department annual review processes. Throughout the year, check in on employee goal progress and provide on-the-spot feedback — including calling out successes and strengths.
- Help employees obtain information from necessary parties including internal division subject matter experts, or clients.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager to appropriately help employees collaborate with other members of the vertical team and balance workload across the group.
- Develop your own knowledge of Tyler’s teams and build a relationship network with which to support your team’s future efforts.
Yarmouth, Maine | Lakewood, Colorado | Lubbock, Texas | Plano, Texas | Marietta, Georgia
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or comparable work experience
- 8 – 10 years marketing experience in a business-to-business or business-to-government environment, experience as a manager preferred
- Strong writing skills and the ability to generate impactful marketing messages is required, demonstrated through writing samples and references
- Experience effectively managing a variety of marketing projects and timelines
- Experience managing a variety of direct marketing, video, advertising, collateral creation, and web content projects required
- Trade show and/or user conference experience preferred
- Technology/software industry experience preferred; public sector experience a bonus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and especially PowerPoint) required, experience with marketing campaign tools such as Marketo a plus
- An excellent understanding of graphic applications, image/media files, web media/interactive marketing, etc.
- A positive attitude and love for helping your team achieve results is key to success in this role
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $69,797 - $91,837 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.