Product Analyst - Public Safety Focus
Tyler Technologies helps governments use data more strategically and effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions.
Our data platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most ambitious data programs at every level of government. Our clients include the US Department of Transportation, the Department of Health and Human Services’ HealthData.gov; more than half of US States and most major cities and counties.
We are looking for a Product Analyst to partner closely with product managers and colleagues in engineering, design, and sales to help evolve our analytics product portfolio in the public safety space, with emphasis on law enforcement. Our goal is to help our customers keep communities safe, allocate resources intelligently, and meet their constituents’ needs for transparency and accountability. Using data as a strategic asset to connect operations with outcomes and bring communities closer is our ultimate goal for this role. To see a preview of the impact you can have, please read this case study: https://www.tylertech.com/resources/case-studies/public-safety-insights-case-study
Tyler’s portfolio in public safety is deployed at thousands of customers across the country, covering the entire public safety journey, from CAD and RMS, to Fire/EMS and Citation Management. Your focus will be our suite of Public Safety Analytics products which connect the data in those systems to form a complete and actionable picture of operations, outcomes, and data-driven strategies to achieve mission success for our customers.
Everything we do is built natively on the public cloud and delivered exclusively as SaaS. We fully embrace agile, customer- and user-driven design and development processes. The path from tested hypothesis to product in customers’ hands can be as short as a few weeks.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
- Help develop, synthesize and communicate the product vision, priorities, and success metrics for your product area.
- Partner with design and senior PMs to maintain a well thought-out and executable backlog for developers.
- Be a champion for agile product development and the continuous improvement of the product development process.
- Oversee project decomposition and estimation activities that set engineers up to ship features on schedule.
- Ensure project flow by driving research & analysis needed to identify and manage risks and challenges related to customer adoption, user experience, and technical development.
- Groom the product backlog balancing new feature development, bug triage and technical work to drive both new customer growth and existing customer retention.
- Communicate information in the form of User Stories that support user needs, program functions, test cases and steps required to develop or modify systems.
- A must: Affinity for the public safety domain, passion for improving communities with better policing, and experience in law enforcement operations, in a software or product focused role.
- A growth mindset as an individual and for your team, coupled with high standards for quality and self-accountability.
- Familiarity with Agile software development.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high-quality results-oriented output.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills, business insight, and customer focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to translate technical data into actionable insight to general audiences.
- Able to work cross-functionally and to manage multiple competing tasks with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
It would be great if you also have…
- 2+ years of experience working in the public safety software space in a fast-paced, data driven environment.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
- Experience working with Jira or Atlassian products.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at https://www.tylertech.com/
. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights
. Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals. We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.