Associate Project Manager / PMO
Tyler Technologies is a leading provider of software and technology services for the Public Sector - across the U.S. and Canada. Our mission is to empower our clients - cities, states, federal agencies, courts, law enforcement, K-12 schools, and universities - to create stronger, smarter, and more connected communities.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized, and technically savvy Associate Project Manager (APM) to join our Project Management Office (PMO) team. This internal-facing role will provide support to our Public Safety Professional Services organization.
The primary day-to-day responsibilities include initiating new contracts in our accounting and project management systems, communicating with cross-functional internal teams, and monitoring/auditing projects throughout the project lifecycle.
The APM position is ideal for someone who is self-motivated and enjoys working independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. The role will require a continuous improvement mindset, focus on process efficiency, and delivering high-quality support to our internal Project Management teams.
Remote | Troy, Michigan
- Setting up new projects and amendments in Microsoft Project Online and Changepoint PSA
- Updating and maintaining professional services backlogs
- Validating project setup, including billing schedules in Softrax
- Initiating client billings
- Processing of change orders
- Performing project audits to ensure timely revenue recognition
- Administration of the non-bill process
- Updating of knowledge items in Changepoint PSA
- Running contract audit reports and investigating exceptions
- Closing out projects upon completion
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams
- Understanding of general accounting and revenue principles
- Close attention to detail with a level of accuracy
- Ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and effective communication practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Power BI, Power Automate, and/or Power Apps
- Experience with SQL and/or Database Administration
- Experience with SharePoint Administration
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $46,464 - $50,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We’re also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.