Technical Solutions Architect
Your mission as a Technical Solutions Architect:
Serve as a Socrata Platform and government data-enabled expert that combines strong technical proficiency and communication skills with excellent interpersonal and business development acumen.
You help organizations connect technology and data to measurable client outcomes. As a technically minded expert and client advocate, you lead effective solution discovery and implementation methodologies in order to architect, enable, deliver, and support data-enabling enterprise solutions for governments, identifying, and driving high-level strategic outcomes and implementation plans. This includes rolling up your sleeves to execute on technically focused solutions, delivery and analyzing business requirements, developing a technical path forward, scoping a reusable solution, development, rigorous testing, and launch/completion.
As a Technical Solutions Architect, you collaborate with an amazing group of talented people, including account managers, technical consultants, and technical partners and stakeholders. Together, you will identify sustainable solutions and scalable paths to data maturity, coordinate reusable infrastructure, and architect and deliver specific solutions for a variety of clients including International, Federal, State, and Local governments.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Seattle, Washington or Washington, DC, or Remote
- Conducts comprehensive client discovery and architects technical solutions designed to deliver specific, high value use cases
- Architects solutions, including data publishing pipelines, ETL processes, and data visualizations, to help customers understand and solve their business problems
- Identifies solutions for long-term client success over temporary solutions, but recognizes when it may be necessary to make trade-offs
- Develops and scopes technical details of Statements of Work that result in clear implementation programs and success criteria
- Identifies potential technical solutions infrastructure to build out internally and collaborates with Solution Engineers, Data Analysts, and Product Development on solution and roadmap strategies
- Builds effective relationships within an enterprise ecosystem
- Ensures solution success by managing client expectations with regard to scope of work, technical expertise required to maintain, quality, risks, budget and outcomes
- Delivers quality documentation including technical requirements hand-offs, technical playbooks, design documents, test plans
- Collaborates with Solution Architects with subject matter expertise to deliver holistic solutions and Technical Consultants on implementation paths
- 5+ years technical government data experience
- Expertise in SaaS products and ability to learn and leverage the Socrata Data-as-a-Service Platform
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues and onboard in-person in our Washington, DC and Seattle, WA offices (NOTE: we are all working remotely at this point and being in-person will only be once that is safe for everyone.)
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%
- Significant data analysis experience, including business intelligence tools, programmatic and/or statistical approaches
- Experience working with government clients
- Proficient in at least one of the following: Python, R, or SQL
- Experience with common business intelligence tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- ESRI and AWS experience and certifications preferred
- Knowledge of open data standards and metadata guidelines and/or schemas
- Must have data management / data platform experience
- Ability to influence and drive software development best practices through the team
- Excellent written and technical documentation skills
- Comfortable presenting to various audience levels, with the ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to non-technical audiences
- Must have a passion for helping organizations become data-enabled to more effectively make data-driven decisions
- Master’s degree is a plus
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your family’s health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our employees by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our employees »
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.