Curriculum Designer - Socrata Solutions
Tyler’s Socrata solution is paving the way for how government agencies use data to inform and drive decisions. Do you understand the power of data and analytics? Would you take pride in transforming the public sector by helping governments become more data-driven in their decision-making? If so, read on!
We are looking for a talented Curriculum Designer to design and develop client training on our Socrata platform education team! You’ll design, develop, and maintain engaging courseware that equips clients with product and technical skills, using a blend of virtual instructor-led, self-led e-learning, and onsite instructor-led training. Your mission: to help propel organizations to manage their Socrata solution and grow their data accessibility programs, instilling important concepts like data management, data visualization, and data storytelling.
Do these attributes describe you?
- You are obsessed with the learner’s experience and passionate about delivering value quickly to the customer.
- You relish in the art of curriculum design as well as hands-on facilitation.
- You thrive when creating educational courses that engage and enable users to accomplish their goals.
More about you:
- You love managing projects. You are able to see the big picture and formulate a strategic plan to get there, and have a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- You have a knack for driving clarity and adapting approaches, and you're able to think on your feet when faced with the unexpected.
- You learn new technologies and concepts quickly and are comfortable extracting and translating insight from technical SMEs such as data analysts and software engineers.
- You are a discerning editor who knows exactly how to make a learning experience clear and concise, striking the right balance of content depth.
- You take a highly iterative approach to your design, and know when to use traditional instructional design frameworks, when to incorporate innovative methodologies, and when to take scrappy approaches.
- Conceptualize and implement live and digital learning solutions that range topically from technical data extraction and transformation methods to more basic data best practices.
- Understand the customer needs that underpin our existing roadmap, quickly developing a thorough, detailed knowledge of the roadmap and the rationale and reasoning behind it. Design and deploy future needs analyses as needed, diving deep and communicating customer insights back to the team.
- Refine curriculum strategy and create a plan to execute on the roadmap in partnership with Curriculum Developer/Trainer.
- Improve existing feedback systems and build new feedback loops as needed into all training programs. Regularly review evaluation data, education usage, and client satisfaction to inform approaches. Use data and metrics to validate recommendations and drive lasting positive operational changes and improvements.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with Product Development, Client Success, Global Services, and other teams. Source and validate content from subject-matter experts and clients. Partner with cross-functional teams on product adoption strategies that leverage educational offerings to drive business outcomes for our clients.
- Create planning documents, such as design documents, scripts, and storyboards, and instructional resources, such as student guides, assessments, presentation decks, practice exercises, demonstrational datasets, videos, and eLearning modules.
- Manage and improve the content publication workflow to the Learning Management System (LMS). Develop content release processes. Curate content into learning paths.
- Become a product expert on the Socrata Data-as-a-service platform and a subject matter expert in best practices for expanding government data initiatives.
- Teach Socrata courses in a traditional or virtual instructor-led classroom to help clients advance their data driven government programs.
- Collaborate closely with Curriculum Developer/Trainer on approaches and methodologies, and work shoulder to shoulder to build out content and gather feedback.
- Expertise in adult learning, digital learning, instructional design, and curriculum design
- Success building on-demand learning programs for corporate or customer audiences, using common e-learning authoring and content creation tools
- Experience working with modern Learning Management Systems
- Basic video and audio production and editing abilities
- Able to navigate a complex SaaS environment effectively, including knowledge of SaaS business model and organizational structure
- Comfortable designing materials that are visually appealing and on-brand
Location and Travel:
Seattle, WA or remote. Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to client sites as needed.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Colorado Code of Regulations 7 CCR 1103-13 Disclosure
Salary will generally fall between $51,235 - $86,055 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your family’s health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our employees by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our employees »
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.