Senior Client Success Manager, Federal - Path Forward Return to Work Program
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Tyler Technologies is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Tyler Technologies we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Tyler Technologies helps governments use data more strategically and effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions. Our Socrata solutions support the world’s most ambitious data programs at every level of government. Our clients include the US Department of Transportation, the Department of Health and Human Services’ HealthData.gov; more than half of US States and most major cities and counties.
With Socrata solutions, now is the time to help governments serve constituents and improve society in the most modern, efficient, digitally-savvy ways possible. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights.
About the Role
Would you like to work shoulder to shoulder with leaders in our Federal government to help them have a tremendous impact with their data?
Our Client Success Managers (CSM) serve as the primary advisor to our clients. Our clients’ Chief Data Officers and CIOs will look to you to guide them on how to enhance discovery, collaboration, and access of high-value data across their enterprises. Beyond their own organizations, you will help them connect the value of their data with other stakeholders, including state and local governments, non-profits, the media, and the public.
As a CSM, you play three critical roles:
- Developing strong relationships: You will build strategic relationships that unlock your ability to influence; you connect key stakeholders who, together, are well-poised to tackle opportunities that otherwise would not be successfully addressed
- Driving transformation: You are trusted to ensure a client’s desired outcomes; you can guide a client’s transformation starting from anywhere along the maturity curve
- Coordinating the team: You bring the best combined team to deliver the clients’ desired outcomesThis role is perfect for an entrepreneurial, mission-driven person who is great at creative problem solving and building authentic relationships with clients.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
On a Typical Day You Might...
- Learn all about our Socrata platform and show our amazing clients how to leverage it in their daily work and ensure they are extracting maximum value by tracking the usage, adoption, retention, program outcomes, and overall account health.
- Understand the desired outcomes of each your clients, helping them measure their success with the Socrata platform
- Develop and execute long-term success plans with our clients to ensure they achieve their desired outcomes with the Socrata platform
- Show our amazing clients how to leverage the Socrata platform in their daily work and ensure they are extracting maximum value by tracking the usage, adoption, retention, program outcomes, and overall account health
- Act as a trusted advisor to our clients, providing proactive, focused attention to continuously ensure they derive value and experience a measurable impact from their work with Tyler Technologies.
- Partner closely with Sales to ensure that we are establishing value and adoption of the platform that is consistent with our growth strategy
- Partner closely with Product Development to inform strategic product decisions based on trends on client needs occurring across your portfolio
- Maintain well-documented success plans for each of your clients that clearly articulate the long-term goals for the account
- Track and drive actionable, short-term plans in each account that draw on resources across the company
- Be an ambassador for our clients within the company, providing consistent feedback on where clients are achieving their goals, and where their needs are not being met
- Champion Tyler Technologies and our Socrata solutions across your portfolio of clients, educating them on the multitude of exciting ways we can enable them to achieve their mission and make their daily lives easier
- Use data to present to a Chief Data Officer on how well their current initiatives are driving adoption and usage of the Socrata platform
- Research how a client is using the Socrata platform, identify areas of improvement, and prepare a set of recommendations to help them improve
- Lead a call between Tyler and Federal and state or local government leaders to discuss how we can collectively improve the value of data shared with key stakeholders
- Check-in with clients; you own the success of our clients
- Run a weekly account call with team members from Global Services, Sales, and Product Development to track
- Provide Socrata solutions users with tailored training to help them use the Socrata platform to excel at their jobs
- Have a recurring block of time on your daily schedule to monitor a client’s health, usage and ongoing/changing needs and develop and execute playbooks to assist them in maximizing value from our solutions
- Collaborate with the Global Services team and Sales team to develop a repository of best practices and new trends regarding data management, performance management, and data analytics
- Using data from our Product, Support, and Services teams, proactively identify clients with low or inadequate adoption and develop and execute risk mitigation plans
Preferred Knowledge and Skills…
- You have served a Federal agency or have worked directly for the Federal government
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust (Moderate) Clearance
- You have a deep understanding of how the Federal government works
- You have superb structured, analytical thinking skills. Every day you’ll need to break down problems, reason through uncertainty, and investigate root causes
- You can work autonomously but also enjoy collaborating with others, mentoring, and teaching
- You are skilled at finding ways to unblock yourself, your client, and your team
- You pull-in resources across the team effectively, achieving your clients’ needs while building positive relationships with others across the company
- You have a working understanding and can beautifully articulate and simplify concepts pertaining to web fundamentals from data analysis, to user experience design, to APIs
- You have client facing experience (customer service, program management, consulting or sales) that includes issue resolution and escalation management at both the business owner and executive levels.
- You are naturally curious and are not afraid to ask questions, while also having the ability to work independently and in a result-oriented environment and do not need to be micromanaged
- You have sophisticated interpersonal skills including the ability to establish Trusted Advisor working relationships with our clients
- You have a passion for our mission of unleashing data-driven innovation in government
- You are a clear, articulate speaker with a poised, confident presence, comfortable presenting to and building rapport with with multiple stakeholders and multi-level audiences, including technical and Senior Executives
- You have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage a portfolio of accounts
- You are familiar with cloud software/SaaS products with 10+ years industry experience
- You have a strong understanding of public sector data management, data analytics, performance management and budgeting
- You have knowledge of major government IT systems, information architecture best practices, data science, and emerging technology
- You have worked with system integrators and understand the relationships between vendors, system integrators, and the government
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.