Software Architect - Socrata Solutions
We are seeking an experienced Software Architect who is passionate about doing world-class work building highly available, performant, secure and maintainable systems that empower their users to create change in the world. As a Software Architect, you will work with leaders across the Product Development department shaping and executing technical strategy for the Socrata data management platform. You will be responsible for designing and developing innovative software solutions to support ambitious business goals, providing technical direction and oversight to engineering teams, leading technical discussion and representing thought leadership in our technology space, both internally and with our customers and partners. A successful candidate demonstrates exceptional technical skills paired with teamwork, leadership and excellent interpersonal communication abilities.
We exist to inspire and empower every public servant to address society's pressing issues. With our Socrata solutions, we impact society by enabling governments of all sizes to employ data-driven leadership through sharing data and insights.
What we do matters. Our data as a service platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most effective open and internal data sharing programs at every level of government. 🗽 New York, 🎡 Seattle, 🌉 San Francisco and 300+ other cities, states and counties use us to connect citizens with information that matters to their day to day life. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
What you'll be doing:
- Act as the design and technical lead on complex projects, contributing to strategic vision and technical decisions
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the engineering teams
- Develop proof-of-concept and prototypes to illustrate and validate proposed approaches
- Review technical designs and provide feedback to ensure that our solutions continue to remain simple, maintainable, future-proof and in line with the broader technical strategy
- Think strategically and advise on key technical investments that must be considered to achieve business objectives
- Lead technical discussions and build consensus among engineers
- Develop a point of view on technical matters and effectively communicate architectural decisions and technical strategies so that development teams align behind the shared vision with an understanding why the strategies need to be adopted
- Articulating technical obstacles and solutions to complex challenges to technical and non-technical partners
- Continuously focus on improving reliability, security and performance of the platform while advocating for investments to drive extension, operating and maintenance costs down
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products
- Coach and mentor individual engineers in relation to the technology and direction
- Submit and review code, staying hands-on and on top of ongoing engineering work in critical areas
- Over 12 years professional experience as a software engineer, over 3 years in a technical strategy role (Lead, Principal, or Architect)
- Experience building and operating large scale high performing distributed enterprise SaaS systems in a Cloud environment
- Solid understanding of software design patterns, principles and modern best practices
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Strong business acumen; ability to translate high-level business objectives into technical attributes of the system and articulate this to others
- Proven ability to execute high-profile complex technical projects, turning designs into working software in customer’s hands within business constraints
- Ability to enthusiastically work, interact with and educate groups of people with diverse technical knowledge, providing thought leadership to the organization
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with and influence technical and non-technical audiences
- Ambition and willingness to take ownership over all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operations
- Passion for simplicity, innovation, experimentation, strong ethics and purpose
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Colorado Code of Regulations 7 CCR 1103-13 Disclosure
Salary will generally fall between $103,699 - $214,455 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your family’s health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our employees by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our employees »
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.