Software Development Engineer 2 (fully remote), Socrata Solutions
We are looking for a remarkable Software Development Engineer to join us! We’ve built a team of not just the best engineers, but some really awesome humans as well. This team builds cloud software (platform + apps + ecosystem) to accelerate the flow of government data into the hands of citizens, developers, businesses and researchers.
Location: We are open to hiring candidates who are located anywhere in the U.S.
Visa Sponsorship: At this time, it is unlikely that we will be able to provide sponsorships for visas for this position.
This means a few things:
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer who can be part of a team to build massively scalable, distributed systems for some of the most important data on the planet. We’re looking for people who are comfortable diving deep into development, learning from others, and sharing their ideas.
We would love to talk to you if you…
- Care about scalable, robust, well-tested code.
- Have experience with at least one statically typed language like Scala, Elixir, Java, Go or C++
- Show a strong track record of shipping scalable software in the face of ambiguity
- Have and enjoy sharing your great sense of humor
- Demonstrate experience in owning all aspects of a system lifecycle, from proper design, testing, deployment, metrics and monitoring
- Share our passion for our clients’ success (no really, we mean it)
- Have experience exploring or, ideally working with, database technologies including RDBMS and NoSQL stores. Bonus points for experience with technologies like Elasticsearch and AWS.
- Are comfortable working in a heterogeneous development environment where you’ll be working with multiple development languages and technologies
Please apply if you share our beliefs that:
- You code your way out of problems, don’t talk about them.
- It’s healthy to laugh at yourself.
- A flat tire is just an opportunity to change a tire and keep going.
- Hard work is necessary. Smart work and long hours are all appropriate, but not a way of life.
- There are no experts, just people who are constantly working toward becoming one.
- Buzz words like "think-piece, charette or cross-functional synergy” have no place in an engineering team.
- You make the most progress as a team, and teams aren’t built out of people who want to shout the loudest.
- Checking in code is part of progress, solving customer problems is having impact.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your family’s health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our employees by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our employees »
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.