We are seeking a Technical Consultant
to be part of the client team identifying sustainable solutions and scalable paths to data maturity, execute reusable infrastructure, and deliver specific solutions for leading State and Local governments.
This role will further support our focus and commitment to development and delivery of improved data insights and intelligence for the Courts and Justice community and sector. Why Us?
Tyler Technologies Data & Insights solutions focuses on enabling governments to use data as a strategic asset in the design, management, and delivery of programs. Our software includes public and internal-sharing products for resident engagement, financial insights, performance optimization, and operational intelligence. Our solutions are designed to break down the barriers that get in the way of effective collaboration within and across government; barriers such as insufficient access to data, driven by siloed systems, and a lack of coordination and interoperability across those systems. Our data solutions enable public sector leaders to connect not just systems, but stakeholders within and outside their organization.
Our data as a service platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most effective open and internal data sharing programs at every level of government. What we do is important. New York
, San Francisco
and 230+ other cities, states, counties and federal agencies leverage our Technical Consultants’ expertise to connect their staff and citizens to data that matters in their day to day life, empowering them to make informed decisions. For courts in particular, we create statewide and local applications and data-sharing programs focusing on pretrial, probation, court administration, and electronic filing. Why This Job Is Important
In partnership with these types of leading government clients, Tyler Technologies data management software and solution implementations can provide improved access and efficiencies for the public and legal community and support transformational justice system reform across states, counties and cities.
Our Technical Consultants validate and evaluate solution design requirements, perform complex data analysis, and build data-driven experiences. To do this successfully, you’ll have to balance the technical aspects with consultative and project management expertise. The projects you will scope and deliver do things like:
- Provide inter-department data accessibility where it has never existed before … but counts the most.
- Research legislative statutes and mandates in order to define and document the corresponding data dictionaries and sources powering insights for pretrial, probation, and court administration applications.
- Standardize data requirements and support broad statewide roll out and adoption of data analysis tools and applications.
Why You Are Important
- Deeply understand court administration data to tackle problems like identifying process improvements in the courts to increase the availability and responsiveness of court services, or measuring the effectiveness of bail and sentencing reform
You are passionate about being a courts and justice domain subject matter expert and improving the data management experience and outcomes in this critical public sector.
You are obsessed with the details and documentation.
The insatiable curiosity you have about domain topics, civil and criminal procedures, for example, or case types and events, inspires you to dive into state legislation for context to inform and assess the right data solution.
You enjoy collaboration, identifying client needs, implementing sustainable systems, and wrangling data and analysis to sort out complicated data problems.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Remote | Washington, D.C. | Chicago, Illinois | Jackson, Mississippi | Raleigh, North Carolina | Tallahassee, Florida
… aka What You Will be Doing:
- Collaborate with Product Managers to inform solution design and requirements
- Evaluate and validate client-specific legislative requirements, court rules, and recordkeeping standards to identify necessary data structures
- Deep data analysis to evaluate and validate client data samples during solutioning, designing, and scoping
- Collaborate with Solution Engineers and Project Managers on client solutioning and scoping engagements to inform client statement of work (SOW) proposals
- Validate proposed architected client solution and deliver implementation risk assessments
- Deliver quality documentation including data dictionaries, technical governance plans, data playbooks, design documents, and test plans
- Provide detailed technical level of effort estimates
- Implement solutions, including creating ETL pipelines, data restructuring and developing data visualizations to help clients understand and solve their business problems
- Lead discovery sessions with clients to identify their goals and work creatively to accomplish those outcomes with product- and process-driven solutions to meet the client where they are at
- Emphasize long-term client success over temporary solutions, but can make the call to make trade-offs when necessary
- Lead clients in a technical data consultative role by translating qualitative needs into robust technical solutions – you will be sitting at the intersection of business needs and technical solutions, communicating potential risk and desired outcomes.
- Support other (non court and justice) domain scoping solution and implementation projects as needed
… aka What You Bring:
- Expertise in SaaS products with the ability to learn and leverage the Data & Insights cloud platform and applications
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% (NOTE: we are all working remotely at this point, and travel to in-person work will only be needed once that is safe for everyone)
- Experience working with government clients or working in government. Previous experience in the legal field or the court system preferred.
- Ability to pass a federal background check required
- Interest in courts, criminal justice, access to legal services, and increasing accountability and effectiveness of public services through data analysis is a plus.
- Significant data transformation and structuring experience, resulting in robust data visualizations
- Experience with common business intelligence tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Excel
- Proficient in at least one of the following for automation and analysis: Python, R, or SQL
- Comfortable working with APIs and common formats like JSON, CSV, and SHP
- Comfortable working with Git and GitHub
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code for reproducible data analysis and integration
- Knowledge of best practices for metadata and data governance
- Excellent writing and technical documentation skills
- Experience and certifications with technology such as AWS, Azure, or Esri is helpful
- Experience coaching users of varying skill levels in data engineering is helpful
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler's end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler's solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 37,000 successful installations across more than 12,000 locations, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. Tyler has been recognized numerous times for growth and innovation, including Government Technology’s GovTech 100 list and Forbes’ “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, an S&P 500 company headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at https://www.tylertech.com/
. To learn more about our Data & Insights solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $73,113 - $93,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We’re also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.