User Experience (UX) Manager, Courts & Justice
Tyler Technologies, the largest software company focused exclusively on the public sector, is seeking a UX Manager to lead a small team of UX Designers and UX Researchers in its Courts & Justice group. This is a management role ideally suited for someone currently in a team lead role, or for someone in an individual contributor role whose experience has prepared them to move into a management role.
The C&J group provides integrated products to courts and public safety organizations of all sizes throughout the country. Our products enable them to more effectively protect and serve their communities. Moreover, our products increase their community members’ ability to access and navigate the legal and justice systems. Our products’ users are diverse in roles, skills, context, and other characteristics.
About the UX Manager role
You will lead a small team of UX researchers and designers. This is a highly collaborative role that requires closely working with leaders across many functions. Most often, you will partner with product and engineering leaders to deliver innovative and compelling experiences for the products your team is supporting.
You might be new to management but can demonstrate how your experience has prepared you for this role. You are deeply skilled in several areas within UX, knowledgeable about the others. You are a strong advocate and a close listener who likes to lean into problems with curiosity and openness.
You work strategically and tactically, lead by example, and will grow the confidence and capabilities of your team through your guidance and your own direct contributions. You foster candor and diversity in thinking, clear communication, and have high standards for the work your team does.
You balance intuition with rigorous analysis, identifying opportunities for short-term wins that build toward long-term value creation for our clients and users. You can articulate your ideas, assumptions, and recommendations clearly and support them with data. You have a strong focus on usability and efficiency.
Work with our integrated solutions that help courts and public safety organizations of all sizes better protect and serve the public. By helping provide solutions that improve efficiency and response time, you can help serve our citizens and make communities safer.
Plano, Texas | Remote
- Manage, coach, and enable a team of UX Designers and Researchers to do their best work.
- Collaborate with product, business, and engineering partners to lead and develop product and design strategies for existing products and new initiatives.
- Gain a deep understanding of users and their needs.
- Develop and advocate a holistic UX vision that inspires your team and the product and engineering teams you partner with.
- Bring multiple stakeholders along the journey while you solve their most challenging problems for the business.
- Assess complex workflows and create simple, intuitive, and scalable product experiences that improve our ability to manage global productions.
- 5+ years in UX Design or UX Research
- A portfolio demonstrating your work and skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in the mission of empowering public sector organizations within the justice and public safety spaces
- The ability reach consensus with a broad, fast-moving organization
- A history of mentoring designers or researchers
- B2B/Enterprise UX experience
- Experience working in fast-paced delivery environments
- Experience contributing to and using component-based design systems
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $128,850 - $150,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We’re also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.