Appraisal Associate Project Supervisor
We are Tyler Technologies Property and Recording division and we are growing. We are looking for people wo are interested in careers with growth opportunities and not just another job. Our business is unique and training is provided on the job and not necessarily in a school classroom. The average Tyler Appraisal Staff member has been with our company nearly ten years and the majority of our team began with Tyler Technologies in junior roles with little or no experience in this field and have grown from within to do great things, and help lead our business, and are we looking to continue this with you. We are seeking motivated candidates who are interested in residential and commercial real estate mass appraisal. We offer full time positions, great pay, excellent benefits, performance bonus plans, and a caring and exciting team environment. Learn and grow with Tyler and we will give you a successful and meaningful career.
Work with technology-driven solutions that cover the full spectrum of the land development life cycle, including mass appraisal services, land and official records management, and property tax assessment and administration. From data collection to computer-assisted mass appraisal to tax billing and collections, you can help develop and deliver solutions that build thriving communities and fundamentally change how local governments operate in the future.
The Associate Project Supervisor builds credible and trusting relationships and represents Tyler Technologies professionally to the client.
Incumbents in this position are accountable for identifying and resolving issues, partnering with senior management to resolve moderately complex client issues and create project budget and work plans, and capturing the client’s specific software/business specifications, configuration and other needs. Participates and provides leadership on process improvement initiatives.
The Associate Project Supervisor takes the appropriate steps necessary in collaborating and communicating (orally and in writing) effectively with the necessary internal and external parties (including staff, management, senior management, clients, vendors, property owners, the public) to deliver project per Company and client standards/requirements.
Work with our technology-driven solutions for property assessment and tax software and mass appraisal services. From data collection to computer-assisted mass appraisal to tax billing and collections, you can help develop property and recording solutions for the public sector.
Georgetown, Delaware | Dover, Delaware | Allentown, Pennsylvania | Harrisburg Metropolitan Area, Pennsylvania
Education, Experience and Special Skills
- Manage multiple activities and work streams related to a single project effort consistently meeting deadlines.
- Build rapport, influence and negotiate with clients, vendors, employees, management, senior management, vendors and relevant parties to achieve project goals.
- Present and incorporate information, make quick and sound decisions keeping the appropriate parties informed.
- Achieve results with and without having direct control of the resources.
- Understand and apply financials knowledge (budgets, workplans, etc.).
- Understand and comply with contract terms for the client.
- Understand and assist in improving appraisal services processes, methods and deliverables.
- Communicate (oral and written), document present and train appropriately parties i.e. clients, management, technical staff and other relevant parties.
- Exhibit strong analytical and critical thinking skills and experience with strong problem solving experience for moderately complex issues.
- Possess strong organizations skills including demonstrated ability to organize prioritize and supervise staff and workflow successfully to ensure timeliness on deliverables.
- Maintain and apply knowledge/capabilities and appraisal/tax industry understanding (IAAO/comparable courses).
- Familiar with appraisal/tax standards, rules and state/regulatory requirements along with the ability to learn and pass certifications for the client’s respective state.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Mathematics/Statistics, Project Management or related field or equivalent work related experience; Appraisal certifications and/or Certified Project Management Professional certification (PMP) are preferred
- Must have successfully completed Appraisal related coursework
- Appraisal and TAX CAMA systems experience is a preferred (multiple systems experience is a plus)
- Strong experience manipulating CAMA computer systems and statistical models to apply factors influencing values, grades, CDU, neighborhood, land factors and other related factors
- At least 5 years of appraisal service related experience involving the ability to perform functions for various aspects of mass appraisal (Residential/Agricultural & Commercial/Industrial), Reappraisal, new construction, Cost Market Valuations and related appraisal service functions
- Solid knowledge and understanding of hearing/tracking module and assessment administration
- Strong decision making, mathematical, analytical and root cause problem-solving skills
- Solid computer experience including basic knowledge and understanding with Microsoft office or related technology i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
- Solid experience with Commercial and Residential Cost Systems (i.e. Marshall Swift, Boeckh, etc.)
- Strong initiative, interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building and customer service experience involving developing professional and credible relationships with internal and external parties such as clients, vendors, employees, management, senior management, vendors and relevant parties
- Strong teambuilding and partnering skills involving conflict resolution, negotiating and influencing clients to meet their needs and propose viable solutions
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a proven track record of prioritizing and executing on multiple project activities
- Strong written and oral communications including training, conveying, documenting, preparing, presenting various types of data to various audiences
- Ability to hire, supervise, coach/mentor and develop staff
- Must be able to travel (approx. 25-50%%); must be able to provide reliable transportation and carry full insurance on vehicle
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.