Client Success Manager - East
We are looking for a passionate Client Success Manager (CSM) to join our East region team and help governments across the country solve their toughest problems using data. Working shoulder to shoulder with innovative governments at all levels, CSMs take on real-world problems in education, health, energy, public safety, transportation, economic development, international development, and more. The core of this role is long term relationship management and creative problem solving. You will not be working on support related issues or doing project-based work. This role is perfect for an entrepreneurial, mission-driven person who is great at creative problem solving and building authentic relationships with clients.
Ideal locations for someone in this role might be, but not limited to: Washington, DC; New York, NY; Boston MA; Herndon, VA; Hartford, CT; Yarmouth, ME; Atlanta, GA; Raleigh, NC; Miami, FL; New Orleans, LA; Nashville, TN; Pittsburgh, PA; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN
On a Typical Day You Might...
- Work hand-in-hand with the leadership of the City of Buffalo, NY to build out a roadmap for advancing its data management, performance management, and data analytics practices
- Take an intractable problem such as traffic congestion and work with the County of Fulton to find a data-driven and elegant set of solutions
- Facilitate a meeting with a County Department Director, Chief Information Officer, and their staff to develop a data-driven, programmatic approach to drive platform adoption and engagement across their organization
- Have a recurring block of time on your daily schedule to monitor a client’s health, usage and ongoing/changing needs and develop and execute playbooks to assist them in maximizing value from our solutions
- Collaborate with the Global Services team and Sales team to develop a repository of best practices and new trends regarding data management, performance management, and data analytics
- Facilitate a client-to-client collaborative learning session during a regional community event
- Using data from our Product, Support, and Services teams, proactively identify clients with low or inadequate adoption and develop and execute risk mitigation plans
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Regional (Washington, DC; New York, NY; Boston MA; Herndon, VA; Hartford, CT; Yarmouth, ME; Atlanta, GA; Raleigh, NC; Miami, FL; New Orleans, LA; Nashville, TN; Pittsburgh, PA; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN) | Remote
- Show our amazing clients how to leverage the Socrata platform in their daily work and ensure they are extracting maximum value by tracking the usage, adoption, retention, program outcomes, and overall account health.
- Act as a trusted advisor to our clients, providing proactive, focused attention to continuously ensure they are deriving value and experience a measurable impact from their work with Tyler Technologies.
- Develop and execute long-term success plans with our clients to ensure they achieve their desired outcomes with the Socrata platform
- Be an ambassador for our clients within the company, providing consistent feedback on where clients are achieving their goals, and where their needs are not being met.
- Champion Tyler Technologies and our Socrata solutions across your portfolio of clients, educating them on the multitude of exciting ways we can enable them to achieve their mission and make their daily lives easier.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills…
- You have general knowledge of government, public policy, public administration, or a related field as well as a deep understanding of how government works
- You have superb structured, analytical thinking skills. Every day you’ll need to break down problems, reason through uncertainty, and investigate root causes.
- You can work autonomously but also enjoy collaborating with others, mentoring and teaching.
- You're skilled at finding ways to unblock yourself, your client, and your team
- You have a working understanding and can beautifully articulate and simplify concepts pertaining to web fundamentals from data analysis, to user experience design, to APIs.
- You have client facing experience (client service, program management, consulting or sales) that includes issue resolution and escalation management at both the business owner and executive levels.
- You have demonstrated a proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships at technical and Senior Executive levels
- You are naturally curious and are not afraid to ask questions, while also having the ability to work independently and in a result-oriented environment and do not need to be micromanaged
- You have sophisticated interpersonal skills including the ability to establish Trusted Advisor working relationships with our clients
- You are able to run a meeting with multiple stakeholders and multi-level audiences
- You have a passion for our mission of unleashing data-driven innovation in government
- You’re able to travel up to 40% of the time (post-COVID)
- You are a clear, articulate speaker with poised, confident presence who is comfortable delivering presentations in front of executive-level audiences
- You have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage a portfolio of accounts
- You are familiar with cloud software/SaaS products with 5+ years industry experience
- You have a strong understanding of public sector data management, data analytics, performance management and budgeting
- You have some knowledge of major government IT systems, information architecture best practices, data science, and emerging technology
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.