Tyler Technologies is seeking a SQL Conversion Developer to join our agile, fun, fast paced, stable team. The SQL Conversion Developer converts client data into Tyler’s Financial software solution using SQL in order to meet our clients’ business needs. Simply put, we migrate data from one source system to another. Conversion team members fulfill an important role in a software solution because they are one of the first contacts a new client will interact with and set the stage in the software for years to come.
We write SQL code. Yes, raw T-SQL code. In scripts, in stored procs…we write SQL in a Microsoft SQL Server environment. We are not a drag and drop shop using SSIS. We are a team of people who love to problem solve with SQL scripts. That’s certainly not the only thing we do, but it is a fundamental part of it.
We have some great tools we use to sequence and run the SQL we write. We are always looking to innovate and make our tools and processes more efficient. That’s just how we do things here.
This role involves data analysis – finding where the data fits into our database structure, and problem solving – this client stores their financials rolled up and we need a more granular breakdown.
We are looking for experienced SQL developers who really love to code in SQL to join a very collaborative team. You’ll have some very experienced folks around you and some newer folks, all of whom are learning together. No one knows everything, so we lean on each other. A lot. We share scripts, we do code reviews to help, and we have active mentoring happening every day.
We are part of something bigger than ourselves at Tyler. We are making government more effective and efficient in how they run their community systems.
• Did we already say writing SQL? Yeah, we write a lot of SQL on this job. This can be complex SQL, not just your run of the mill SQL. The data model is large and complex with a lot to learn. If you don’t like writing SQL by hand, this is not a good fit for you. If you love it, read on.
• We do data analysis on each project, so you’ll need to be good at piecing together data puzzles, asking discerning questions, and working with colleagues and clients to get answers
• We have a custom toolset built. We want you to learn it, use it, and tell us how we can improve it.
• We have some solid processes that have been honed through years of doing data conversions. We want you to learn these processes – because they really do work – and then help us find ways to improve or replace them with better ways to get the job done.
• Work in SQL Server environments. We work with multiple versions of SQL Server depending upon the project. We usually cover the current release of SQL Server and two earlier releases.
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field or equivalent experience is desired.
• Value deadlines and regularly complete work on time
• Strong problem solver
• Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and customer service skills.
• Work independently while remaining team-oriented
• Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is a major plus
• Write and maintain stored procedures and functions using T-SQL and SSMS
• Use aggregate functions in Microsoft SQL Server
• Create and maintain complex queries in Microsoft SQL Server using T-SQL
• Understand and use database schemas, tables, relationships, and constraints
• Python and C#.NET knowledge ideal but not required
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
Regional (Sioux Falls, SD, Tempe, AZ, Lubbock, TX, Lakewood, CO)
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your family’s health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our employees by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our employees »
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.