At Tyler Technologies, our Socrata solutions are designed help government use data more strategically and effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will build and manage the infrastructure necessary to host our exacting worldwide clients.
A Note about Location!
This position can be distributed (working remotely). Since the team primarily operates in Pacific time zone, all team members must be available for meetings and collaboration for 6 consecutive hours between 9 am - 3 pm Pacific Time .
And due to the requirements of some of our clients, candidates must reside in the U.S.
We exist to inspire and empower every public servant to address society's pressing issues. We do that by enabling data-driven leadership through connected data and shared insights.
Our data as a service platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most effective open and internal data sharing programs at every level of government. What we do matters. New York, Seattle, San Francisco and 230+ other cities, states, counties and federal agencies use us to connect citizens and their internal teams with information that matters to their day to day life.
Why This Job Is Important
You’ll help the company design, operate, monitor, and grow the platform that hosts our global client base. You will work side-by-side with the rest of the engineering team to ensure our new features and services meet our security and performance guidelines. You will build the infrastructure that makes other engineers even more productive.
On a Typical Day, You Might...
● Contribute patches to open-source tools to better support our mission and operations.
● Participate in on-call rotation, which includes all engineering staff.
● Partner with security staff to implement advanced security and compliance requirements for our clients.
● Diagnose and fix systems and software failures and build additional automation to prevent the failure scenario from reoccurring.
● Manage DNS and SSL configurations for customer domains.
● Build out a production environment.
● Upgrade our infrastructure.
● Perform various AWS administration tasks.
The skills/experience we are looking for:
○ Building out environments (Setting up VPC, configuring ACLs and security groups)
○ IAM user/key management
○ Familiarity with other services including: EC2, S3, RDS, ECR, EKS
○ Experience with other non-AWS infrastructure as a service platforms is also relevant.
○ Understanding of Linux OS at a systems level.
○ Systems engineer experience is a plus
○ Ubuntu knowledge is a plus
● Coding skills
○ Strong familiarity with at least one dynamic language (Ruby or Python is a plus)
○ Experience writing configuration as code
○ Familiarity with objected oriented programming and data structures is a plus
● Configuration management
○ Experience with and proficient with at least one configuration management tool (e.g. Chef, Salt, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
○ Experience specifically with Chef is a plus
○ Experience with Docker
○ Familiarity with Kubernetes
○ Experience with Mesos and Marathon is a plus
● Networking skills are a plus
● You are interested in working with engineers to help scale and optimize their services.
● You are calm in high-pressure situations and skilled at triaging situations.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.