Infrastructure Engineer - Path Forward Return to Work Program
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Tyler Technologies is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Tyler Technologies we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Tyler Technologies helps governments use data more strategically and effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions. Our Socrata solutions support the world’s most ambitious data programs at every level of government. Our clients include the US Department of Transportation, the Department of Health and Human Services’ HealthData.gov; more than half of US States and most major cities and counties.
With Socrata solutions, now is the time to help governments serve constituents and improve society in the most modern, efficient, digitally-savvy ways possible. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will build and manage the infrastructure necessary to host our exacting worldwide clients.
Why This Job Is Important
You’ll help the company design, operate, monitor, and grow the platform that hosts our global client base. You will work side-by-side with the rest of the engineering team to ensure our new features and services meet our security and performance guidelines. You will build the infrastructure that makes other engineers even more productive.
On a typical day, you might...
- Contribute patches to open-source tools to better support our mission and operations.
- Participate in on-call rotation, which includes all engineering staff.
- Partner with security staff to implement advanced security and compliance requirements for our clients.
- Diagnose and fix systems and software failures and build additional automation to prevent the failure scenario from reoccurring.
- Manage DNS and SSL configurations for customer domains.
- Build out a production environment.
- Upgrade our infrastructure.
- Perform various AWS administration tasks.
The skills/experience we are looking for are these. If you have SOME but maybe not all, we absolutely encourage you to apply!
- Building out environments (Setting up VPC, configuring ACLs and security groups)
- IAM user/key management
- CloudFormation○ Familiarity with other services including any or all of these: EC2, S3, RDS, ECR, EKS
- Experience with other non-AWS infrastructure as a service platforms is also relevant.
- Understanding of Linux OS at a systems level.
- Systems engineer experience is a plus
- Ubuntu knowledge is a plus
- Coding skills
- Strong familiarity with at least one dynamic language (Ruby or Python is a plus)
- Experience writing configuration as code
- Familiarity with objected oriented programming and data structures is a plus
- Configuration management
- Experience with and proficient with at least one configuration management tool (e.g. Chef, Salt, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience specifically with Chef is a plus
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience with Mesos and Marathon is a plus
- Networking skills are a plus
- You are interested in working with engineers to help scale and optimize their services.
- You are calm in high-pressure situations and skilled at triaging situations.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Colorado Code of Regulations 7 CCR 1103-13 Disclosure
Salary will generally fall between $120,000 - $150,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.