.NET Software Engineer - Payments
NIC’s Payment Services team, a division of Tyler Technologies offers a comprehensive suite of payment processing solutions built and deployed exclusively for government. We are currently looking to hire a Software Engineer to directly support our electronic payments platform, specifically for Payments Enterprise Portal.
Payments Enterprise Portal is a .NET (Core) cloud-based Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment (EBPP) providing a full-service bill search and payment portal solution. We offer a simple, but engaging solution for citizens encouraging timely payment of bills.
Individual contributor that is responsible for participating in development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications. Participate in project teams within as assigned business unit or corporate department and utilize various technology platforms. Collaborate with business partners, and other technical staff to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options.
- Provide programming expertise within an assigned business unit/area to troubleshoot, maintain, analyze, test, scope, estimate, and design business
- Formulate and define application scope and objectives; devise and modify procedures to solve business problems.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs according to requirements
- Participate in business and IT project estimation activities
- Collaborate with business partners, and other technical staff to understand user requirements, identify technical approaches, and create solutions
- Partners with user and management to maintain and continually improve the operations, maintenance, and documentation of the system
- Performs development tasks to upgrade and maintain existing applications
- Accurately estimates project development activities
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent, in area of specialty
- 2-5 years’ experience in the field or in a related
- Possesses both technical and non-technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to conceptualize, plan, develop and deliver a variety of creative solutions
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies such as Agile Scrum
- Programming with data residing in databases (Relational/Non-Relational)
- Demonstrates a consistent understanding of business application design, development, installation, and refactoring
- Ability to identify, develop, and document business requirements, technical requirements, and functional design
- Advanced understanding and ability to use the specific language your job requires, such as C# .Net, HTML. Angular, SQL etc
Nice to have:
- C# .NET Core/.NET 5+ a plus
- Experience with docker containers
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.)
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) experience, certification a plus
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We’re also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.