Product Manager, Data Ecosystem
Tyler Technologies helps governments use data more strategically and effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions.
Our data platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most ambitious data programs at every level of government. Our clients include the US Department of Transportation, the Department of Health and Human Services’ HealthData.gov; more than half of US States and most major cities and counties.
Tyler Technologies is the largest public sector exclusive software company in the United States, with more than 21,000 installations of mission-critical line of business systems for cities, counties, states and regional governments. Our Socrata solutions focus on the extraction, sharing, and analysis of data produced by those systems to improve government transparency, administration and community outcomes.
We are looking for a Product Manager, Data Ecosystem
to bring their energy, vision and experience to our team, and lead product execution and strategy for our Open Data and data-driven government products. In this role, you will work closely with our clients and engineering teams to grow the ecosystem of data and content shared through our platform, helping governments respond quickly to new challenges and opportunities through data analysis and transparency.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Remote | Seattle, Washington
- Working with state and local government CIOs, CDOs, and Directors of Performance to identify and templatize use cases for other government clients.
- Analyzing how new legislation, government programs, and societal shifts impact governmental needs, and developing new content to respond to those needs.
- Understanding, shaping and communicating the product vision, priorities, and success metrics for our AWS-hosted data platform.
- Being a champion for agile product development and the continuous improvement of the product development process.
- Communicating information in the form of User Stories that support user needs, program functions, test cases and steps required to develop or modify systems.
- Leading sprint meetings and shepherding User Stories through development.
- Establishing and monitoring relevant product and usage metrics and provide data-informed recommendations for new investments.
- Traveling to meet face to face with users and participate in research, design, and feedback session. Travel, at its peak, is expected to not exceed 25% of your time.
It would be great if you also have…
- A passion for (or latent interest in) public service, civic technology, and building the future of government.
- Direct experience working for, developing products for or selling to government agencies.
- Experience working directly with software development teams and capturing requirements for complex workflows.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and willingness to dive into new and unfamiliar subjects.
- A “get to yes” mentality, focus on creative execution and enthusiasm for making hard choices, in close collaboration with your stakeholders.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, thoughtfully manage multiple competing priorities, and ask for help when needed.
- 2 - 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced, data driven environment.
- Direct experience supporting an Open Data or digital government initiative, either as a government employee or as an external contractor.
- A background or education in policy analysis, and comfort reviewing legislation and policy documents to discover new requirements.
- Familiarity with Agile development practices and an iterative mindset.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
Colorado Code of Regulations 7 CCR 1103-13 Disclosure
Salary will generally fall between $91,560 - $120,474 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.