Senior Data Analyst
Your mission as a Senior Data Analyst:
Serve as a Socrata platform and government data-enabled expert who combines strong technical proficiency and communication skills with excellent interpersonal and business consultant acumen. At Tyler Technologies, we exist to inspire and empower every public servant to address society's pressing issues. We do that by enabling data-driven leadership through connected data and shared insights.
Why is this job important?
Our data-as-a-service platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most effective open and internal data sharing programs at every level of government. What we do matters. New York City, Virginia, the U.S. Department of Commerce, and 230+ other cities, states, counties and federal agencies use us to connect citizens and their internal teams with information that matters to their day-to-day life.
As a Senior Data Analyst on our Global Services team, you are a technical consultant for the world’s leading governments and NGOs. You design and build data-driven experiences, leveraging best practices in data science to help our clients make better decisions, provide better services to their constituents, and provide a basis for stronger economic growth. This is a technical role but also requires a diverse range of consultative and project management skills. The primary focus of this role is to collaborate internally with an amazing group of Project Managers and externally with equally amazing clients to design and implement data ingress strategies that support client solutions. As a technical expert and client advocate, you lead effective implementations in order to architect, enable, deliver, and support data-enabling enterprise solutions for governments, driving high levels of strategic solutions and detailed data governance for product adoption.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Remote | Seattle, Washington | Travel/Home-Based | Washington, D.C.
- Help clients leverage data that encourages transparency and drives more efficient governance
- Implement solutions, including creating ETL pipelines and developing data visualizations to help clients understand and solve their business problems
- Understand client goals and work creatively to accomplish them with product- and process-driven solutions
- Work to client design specifications (or without them, when necessary)
- Emphasize long-term client success over temporary solutions, but recognize when it may be necessary to make trade-offs
- Ensure solution success by managing client expectations regarding scope of work, technical expertise required for maintenance, quality, risks, budget, and outcomes
- Deliver quality documentation including technical governance plans, data playbooks, design documents, and test plans
- Lead clients in a consultative role by translating qualitative needs into robust technical solutions
- Communicate technical needs to a non-technical audience by effectively understanding and analyzing technical and business risks, communicating those risks to the business owners, and enabling them to make informed decisions
- Expertise in SaaS products with the ability to learn and leverage the Socrata cloud platform
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 70% (NOTE: we are all working remotely at this point, and in-person work will only be needed once that is safe for everyone)
- Experience working with government clients
- Ability to pass a federal background check required
- Significant data analysis and visualization experience, including programmatic and/or statistical approaches
- Experience with common business intelligence tools like Excel, PowerBI, or Tableau
- Proficient in at least one of the following: Python, R, or SQL
- Comfortable working with web APIs and common formats like JSON, CSV, and XML
- Comfortable working with Git and GitHub
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code for reproducible data analysis
- Knowledge of best practices for metadata and data governance
- Excellent writing and technical documentation skills
- Experience and certifications with technology such as AWS, Azure, or Esri is helpful
- Experience coaching users of varying skill levels in data science is helpful
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
Colorado Code of Regulations 7 CCR 1103-13 Disclosure
Salary will generally fall between $75,000 - $110,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people »
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.