We are looking for a remarkable Senior Software Engineer (SDE3) to join us! We’ve built a team of not just the best engineers, but some really awesome humans as well. This team builds cloud software (platform + apps + ecosystem) to accelerate the flow of government data into the hands of citizens, developers, businesses and researchers.
This means a few things:
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can help lead a team to build massively scalable, distributed systems for some of the most important data on the planet. We’re looking for someone who is as equally comfortable diving deep into development, as they are guiding and mentoring other engineers.
We would love to talk to you if you…
- Care about scalable, robust, well-tested code.
- Have experience with at least one statically typed language like Scala, Elixir, Java, Go or C++
- At least 5 years of experience building distributed systems
- Have experience exploring or, ideally working with, database technologies including RDBMS and NoSQL stores.
- Demonstrated excellence working with database technologies including RDBMS and NoSQL stores. Bonus points for experience with technologies like Elasticsearch, Amazon Athena, Spark, and AWS.
- Demonstrate experience in owning all aspects of a system lifecycle, from proper design, testing, deployment, metrics and monitoring
- Are comfortable working in a heterogeneous development environment where you’ll be working with multiple development languages and technologies.
- Show a strong track record of shipping scalable software in the face of ambiguity.
- You want to build customer-facing experiences that encourage transparency and drive better, more efficient governance.
- You want to work in company where everybody believes in a shared mission and has a strong sense of shared responsibility.
- You provide code reviews to your team members, especially any more junior engineers on the team. You are a strong communicator, both within and outside of engineering, with a willingness to both mentor and teach when appropriate.
- You are comfortable making technical decisions when there is no clear correct answer.
- You have a proven track record of shipping great products.
- You are not afraid to hold yourself accountable and learn from mistakes.
Please apply if you share our beliefs that:
- Have and enjoy sharing your great sense of humor
- Share our passion for our clients’ success (no really, we mean it)
- You code your way out of problems, don’t talk about them.
- It’s healthy to laugh at yourself.
- A flat tire is just an opportunity to change a tire and keep going.
- Hard work is necessary. Smart work and long hours are all appropriate, but not a way of life.
- There are no experts, just people who are constantly working toward becoming one.
- Buzz words like "think-piece", "charette" or "cross-functional synergy” have no place in an engineering team.
- You make the most progress as a team, and teams aren’t built out of people who want to shout the loudest.
- Checking in code is part of progress, solving customer problems is having impact.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.