Senior UI (Front End) Software Engineer
Tyler Technologies is looking for an innovative, talented, passionate Senior Front End Software Engineer to help us build the next generation User Interface (UI) layer for our industry-leading Public Safety solutions. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of solution creation including analysis, design, coding, testing, and support. This initiative and others help our team keep up to date with in-demand industry trends, skills, and techniques. If you choose to join our team, you will get to develop new product experiences, and develop new features the industry has yet to see!
Additionally, ideal candidates will believe in Agile/Lean concepts and have demonstrated success working as part of a self-organizing team.
Troy, Michigan | Remote
- Develop new user-facing features using the latest Angular version(s)
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Build web applications – Follow coding standards, write automated test cases, deployment scripts
- Assist in improving app architectures – Explore existing systems, determines areas of maintainability scalability extensibility
- Translate designs and style guides provided by the UI/UX team into high-performance functional user interfaces
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting new and emerging front-end technologies.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support
- Follow the development practices of the public safety product teams
- Ensure ongoing success of projects by designing high-quality technical solutions
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, and software architects to solve complex technical problems
- Continually grow personal skillset and knowledge base with independent research
- Fluency with HTML5 and CSS3
- Thorough understanding of Angular and/or React and its core principles
- Experience with popular Angular workflows (such as NgRx or RxJS)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git)
- Experience with Single Page Application, know the advantages and limitations
- Experience with brainstorming with Product and Design to conceptualize and estimate new features.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and programming commercial-grade applications
- 5+ years of object-oriented design or functional programming experience
- Effective communication skills which will elevate technical team interaction
- Demonstrates sound judgment when working independently, obtaining solutions, and acting on improvements
- Ability to adapt and learn recent technologies quickly and proactively
- Cloud/SaaS experience using Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL server
- Professional work experience designing, building, and deploying a large-scale, commercial software product
- Familiarity with industry-standard development practices (Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.)
- Ability to lead technical development projects. Proven record of accomplishment with planning and delivering coding assignments with high quality.
- Motivated, self-starter, results-oriented team player willing to do “whatever it takes” in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $65,279 - $120,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We’re also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.