We've built a team of not just the best engineers, but some really awesome humans as well. This team builds cloud software (platform + apps + ecosystem) to accelerate the flow of government data into the hands of public servants, citizens, developers, businesses and researchers. This means a few things:
We are looking for an innovative and results-oriented Software Test Engineer (STE). Our STEs test cutting edge applications and products at the user level both manually and (optionally) with automated tools. Our STEs are not just pure black box testers. They are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and, depending on experience or interest, may write automated tests with scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. We tend towards the context-driven testing approach in our work.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
What you bring to this position:
- BE in Computer Science or equivalent combination of experience in a technical role of minimum 1 year, ideally with demonstrated QA experience in an STE or QA Engineer role
- Excitement, not just willingness, to get out of our seat and talk to developers to gather requirements, understand systems, and scope the bugs you find – essentially the drive to “unblock” yourself and always ask for help when needed.
- Expertise in test methodologies and test processes
- Ability to understand technical specifications and generate test cases from them
- Comfort communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Comfort working in an often ambiguous area
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
Even more awesome would be:
- Experience automating test cases (if you don't have this, don't worry. We can teach you)
How We Act
How we act with each other and our clients embodies the core values and our code of conduct:
- We value big ideas and creative execution
- We build open and honest relationships
- We are results driven and accountable
- We celebrate success together
- We aspire to be remarkable
- We take individual responsibility for the success of every client
Do you share our values? Is this the kind of environment where you'll feel empowered to do your best and most meaningful work?
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) is a leading provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments. Tyler partners with clients to empower the public sector - cities, counties, schools and other government entities - to become more efficient, more accessible and more responsive to the needs of their constituents. Tyler's client base includes more than 15,000 local government offices in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. In 2017, Forbes ranked Tyler on its ""Most Innovative Growth Companies"" list, and Fortune included Tyler on its ""100 Fastest-Growing Companies"" list. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Tyler has more than 4,200 employees in multiple divisional and regional offices across the U.S. You can learn more about Tyler Technologies at www.tylertech.com.
Competitive salary including a 401K with employer match, employee stock purchase plan as well great health benefits are offered. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply right here!
Tyler Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Tyler Technologies will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Tyler Technologies encourages applicants of all ages.
We aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies many different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the division, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do, and we are committed to making continual progress.