Who is Tyler Technologies?
We aim to inspire and empower every public servant to address society's pressing issues, by enabling data-driven leadership through connected data and shared insights.
We are looking for a remarkable Solutions Engineer to join our team!
Why is this role important?
Governments are adopting cloud technologies at a rapid pace and Tyler Technologies is helping our clients in this journey by putting their data first. When governments decide to engage with Tyler Technologies, you come in to help make their work more efficient, cooperative, and impactful for their communities and stakeholders. You help your Tyler Technologies sales counterparts by digging into client’s technical challenges and presenting innovative solutions to our clients. You work with product marketing and product development teams to keep our development focused on our client’s needs. You own the creation of technical proof of concept work with our clients to demonstrate the value of our platform across all levels of government.
The Socrata Platform is a first of its kind ‘data-as-a-service’ platform that enables government to make data driven decisions. We deliver best in class software-as-a-service that provides data shaping and governance, business intelligence and analytics, and ultimately help our clients lead with data.
- Work with the sales team to qualify opportunities. Conduct full technical discovery, identify business use cases. Build client demonstrations to address the needs identified through discovery.
- Architect and present solutions that detail how the Socrata Platform can be used to solve government’s most pressing problems through demonstrations, white-boarding sessions, responses to requests for proposal (RFP) responses.
- Collaborate with other business units and Tyler divisions to help inform direction of our product development and advocate for compelling use cases found within our client base.
- Regional travel (25-50%) is expected for conferences as well as for client and partner engagements.
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a pre-sales engineer/solutions engineer in a Software as-a Service (SaaS) environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including but not limited to working as a member of professional services, implementation, or consulting team).
- Experience working in a State, Local, Federal or International governmental agency as an employee or contractor.
- Experience in, and understanding of, line of business systems as it relates to how operations are run within government. Hands on experience managing these systems is also preferred. Know your way around relational databases, SQL, on-premise IT environments.
- Understanding of cloud computing and general trends within the industry. Familiarity with cloud security as it relates to data and information.
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python, Java, .NET, etc.). Knowledge of ETL, GIS, and data integration tools also a plus.
- Familiarity with SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS technologies. Knowledge of AWS services desirable.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.