Technical Consultant, Socrata Solutions
We are seeking Technical Consultants to be part of the client team identifying sustainable solutions and scalable paths to data maturity, execute reusable infrastructure, and deliver specific solutions for the world’s leading governments and NGOs.
We exist to inspire and empower every public servant to address society's pressing issues, regardless of their technical ability. We do that by enabling data-driven leadership through connected data and shared insights.
Our data as a service platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most effective open and internal data sharing programs at every level of government. What we do is important. New York, Seattle, San Francisco and 230+ other cities, states, counties and federal agencies leverage our Technical Consultant’s expertise to connect their staff and citizens to data that matters to their day to day life, empowering them to make informed decisions.
Why This Job Is Important
Our Technical Consultants validate and evaluate solution design requirements and build data-driven experiences, leveraging best technical and governance practices to help our clients understand where inequities exist, provide better services to their constituents, and collaborate for stronger transformative growth.
To do this successfully, you’ll have to balance the technical aspects with consultative and project management expertise. The projects you will scope and deliver do things like:
Stand up a platform to tell data stories to citizens throughout elections and public emergencies.
Provide inter-department data accessibility where it has never existed before … but counts the most.
Wrangle a labyrinth of government data to tackle problems like opioid addiction or answer questions like "How can this county process these permits faster?”
… aka What You Will be Doing:
- Collaborate with Solution Engineers and Project Managers on client solutioning and scoping engagements to inform client statement of work (SOW) proposals
- Validate proposed architected client solution and deliver implementation risk assessments
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates based on delivering the solution with the client
- Evaluate and validate client data samples during solutioning and scoping
- Implement solutions, including creating ETL pipelines, data restructuring and developing data visualizations to help clients understand and solve their business problems
- Understand client goals and work creatively to accomplish them with product- and process-driven solutions to meet the client where they are at
- Work to client design specifications (or without them, when necessary)
- Emphasize long-term client success over temporary solutions, but can make the call tomake trade-offs when necessary
- Deliver quality documentation including technical governance plans, data playbooks, design documents, and test plans
- Lead clients in a technical data consultative role by translating qualitative needs into robust technical solutions – you will be sitting at the intersection of business needs and technical solutions, communicating potential risk and desired outcomes.
… aka What You Bring:
- Expertise in SaaS products with the ability to learn and leverage the Socrata cloud platform
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% (NOTE: we are all working remotely at this point, and travel to in-person work will only be needed once that is safe for everyone)
- Experience working with government clients
- Ability to pass a federal background check required
- Significant data transformation and structuring experience, resulting in robust data visualizations
- Experience with common business intelligence tools like Tableau, PowerBI, ExcelProficient in at least one of the following for automation and analysis: Python, R, or SQL
- Comfortable working with APIs and common formats like JSON, CSV, and SHP
- Comfortable working with Git and GitHub
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code for reproducible data analysis and integration
- Knowledge of best practices for metadata and data governance
- Excellent writing and technical documentation skills
- Experience and certifications with technology such as AWS, Azure, or Esri is helpful
- Experience coaching users of varying skill levels in data science is helpful
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit https://www.tylertech.com/solutions/transformative-technology/data-insights.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We are committed to making continual progress in everything that we do.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Remote | Travel/Home-Based | Washington, D.C. | Seattle, Washington
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $80,000 - $110,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.