Client Success Manager - West
We are looking for a passionate Client Success Manager (CSM) to join our West region team and help governments across the country solve their toughest problems through the use of data. Working shoulder to shoulder with innovative governments at all levels, CSMs take on real-world problems in education, health, energy, public safety, transportation, economic development, international development, and more.
The core of this role is building long-term relationships with diverse stakeholders in government and delivering consistent value to government employees with various technical backgrounds and seniority. We expect you to serve as a strategic advisor to your clients, whether that is supporting platform end-users with adoption and enablement of software features, helping connect your project champions to the right resources internally or externally to drive their work forward, or engaging with government executives to demonstrate the value you are delivering to the account and paint the vision for how the partnership can evolve.
You will be successful in the role if you have an outcome-oriented mindset, are comfortable consulting and engaging with executive government leaders but are also willing to get into the weeds to help troubleshoot technical challenges or connect clients to the right resources internally. We’re a growing client success team, so are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who are able to work autonomously and enjoy playing an active role in continuing to build out the foundation of client success with us.
Ideal locations for someone in this role are: Seattle, Portland (Oregon), Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, Denver, Salt Lake City, or Austin.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
Remote | Regional (Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver, Austin, Dallas, Boise, Salt Lake City)
- Act as a trusted advisor to our clients, providing proactive, focused attention to continuously ensure they are deriving value and experience a measurable impact from their work with Tyler Technologies.
- Develop and execute long-term success plans with our clients to ensure they achieve their desired outcomes with the Socrata platform.
- Grow new and existing relationships within client accounts to improve the depth of platform adoption across their organization and to identify new uses for the Socrata solution.
- Show our amazing clients how to leverage the Socrata platform in their daily work and ensure they are extracting maximum value by tracking the usage, adoption, retention, program outcomes, and overall account health.
- Leveraging internal resources, including our education and services teams, to support clients with the implementation of new solutions and programs, and enablement on their site.
- Be an ambassador for our clients within the company, providing consistent feedback on where clients are achieving their goals, and where their needs are not being met.
- Champion Tyler Technologies and our Socrata solutions across your portfolio of clients, educating them on the multitude of exciting ways we can enable them to achieve their mission and make their daily lives easier.
- You have experience working in government, public policy, public administration, or a related field as well as a deep understanding of how government works
- You have experience in relationship management, consulting, account management, or client success and have demonstrated a proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships at technical and Senior Executive levels
- You’re able to communicate and translate language between technical stakeholders and programmatic stakeholders, consistently tying the software back to the value relevant to those stakeholders.
- You can work autonomously but also enjoy collaborating with others, mentoring and teaching.
- You're skilled at proactive, problem-solving finding ways to unblock yourself, your client, and your team.
- You have client facing experience (client/customer service, program management, consulting or sales) that includes issue resolution and escalation management at both the business owner and executive levels.
- You are naturally curious and are not afraid to ask questions, challenge assumptions, and work to identify root causes and propose alternate solutions.
- You have the ability to work independently and in a result-oriented environment and do not need to be micromanaged, but are also willing to be coached and continue to grow professionally
- You have sophisticated interpersonal skills including the ability to establish Trusted Advisor working relationships with our clients
- You are able to run a meeting with multiple stakeholders and multi-level audiences
- You have a passion for our mission of unleashing data-driven innovation in government
- You’re able to travel up to 40% of the time (post-COVID)
- You are a clear, articulate speaker with poised, confident presence who is comfortable delivering presentations in front of executive-level audiences
- You have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage a portfolio of accounts
Preferred Knowledge and Skills…
- You are familiar with cloud software/SaaS products with 5+ years industry experience
- You have a strong understanding of public sector data management, data analytics, performance management and budgeting
- You have some knowledge of major government IT systems, information architecture best practices, data science, and emerging technology
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $75,000 - $85,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.