Lead Software Engineer, CAFR & Tyler Notify
As the Lead Software Engineer, you’ll lead a multiple software development team consisting of 4-6 engineers and QA that are responsible for building Tyler’s next generation of services and applications that will help us realize our Connected Communities vision. The ideal candidate will have the technical skills to code complex applications as well as mentor and guide development team members on your projects. The Lead Software Engineer works closely with product management and the development director to help form, plan, and then execute on project-level strategies.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
· Deliver and own key company services and/or applications
· Every day, write code that can be held up as an example across the company as our bar for very high quality and well designed code that is readable and maintainable.
· Contribute technically to projects through design, coding, code reviews, etc.
· Provide mentoring for senior members of the engineering team
· Contribute to strategic, financial, and resource planning
· Interface with non-technical peers to align technology work to the needs of our customers
· Work closely with other product development disciplines like product management and user experience to make sure we are building the best possible products
· Work as a proponent and evangelist of good software engineering processes to improve team productivity such as code reviews, code testing, and continuous integration
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar field of study, or comparable work experience
· Requires 6+ years of full-stack software engineering experience, including:
o Angular (5 or above preferred)
o .Net Core
o Related web technologies
· AWS or Azure cloud environment and experience with CI/CD delivery preferred
· Experience shipping products optimized for cloud delivery
· Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle
· Strong technical leadership skills demonstrated across complex projects and timelines
· Superior communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills is a must
· Act as technical lead for projects assigned to you and be the go-to person for any technical questions
· Ability to collaborate with diverse groups in a cross functional, geographically dispersed organization
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.