Laramie County SO Case Study
- Instant data transfer to court and public safety applications
- Eliminate human error access
- Write multiple tickets instantly
- POPULATION 92,000 (2018 estimate)
- CLIENT SINCE 2015
- PROJECT Brazos™ eCitation
- PROFILE Wyoming state requirements for issuing tickets means officers can issue only one ordinance at a time. Discover how Brazos eCitation solution helped the Laramie County Sheriff’s Office streamline the ticketing process.
Law enforcement officers with the Laramie County Sheriff’s Office struggled with accuracy and efficiency in their ticket writing processes. This led to officers spending time filling out multiple carbon copies of tickets on the roadside and using multiple ticket books. Once written, they were delivered to the records department for manual data entry.
Officials with the sheriff’s office decided they needed an automated solution that could eliminate their pain points to reduce time writing tickets, improve accuracy, and instantly transfer data to the department’s law enforcement records management solution.
In 2015, the Laramie County Sheriff’s Office purchased Tyler’s Brazos eCitation solution.
Our ticketing writing processes are phenomenal.
Public Safety Administrator, Laramie County Sheriff’s Office
By implementing Brazos, the Laramie County Sheriff’s Office now experiences the following benefits:
- Reduced time spent issuing citations
- Officers use auto-population functionality within Brazos to fill out tickets rapidly and accurately
- When writing more than one violation, Brazos allows officers to select the different violations and print multiple tickets at once
- Officers get back on the road quicker to continue patrolling
- Improved accuracy
- Digitally entering citation data improved accuracy by eliminating legibility issues
- Human error is eliminated by no longer reading handwritten ticket details
- The VIN and license number are automatically pulled into the ticket after being scanned
- This information is then tied to the individual and vehicle involved and stored in records
- Pre-fill capabilities in Brazos reduced time on the roadside as it allows for location data of intersections to automatically load on the ticket
- If tickets are filled out incorrectly, it is rejected in the records system, providing officers with the opportunity to fix the error
- This reduced the amount of citations that are dismissed by the courts
- Met all state requirements for submitting to the Supreme and Circuit courts
- Customization in Brazos allowed for specific citation requirements to be built into the citation solution, allowing for ticket information to forward on to the courts and records department
- This allows for better statewide tracking capabilities of moving violations and other related traffic stop violations
- Seamlessly integrated with law enforcement records management system
- Data from Brazos transfers directly into the law enforcement records management system used by the sheriff’s office
- Laramie County uses Tyler’s New World public safety solutions, which are integrated with Brazos eCitation solutions
With software that helps improve accuracy, reduce time spend on the roadside, and streamline processes, law enforcement agencies have better resources at their disposal and more time to keep the community safe.
Want to know more?